Kraton Paddle tires for sand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishtank

work the hardest when no one is watching
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
So I’m going to setup one of my XL kratons with paddles for my brother to take to the dunes. What’s a good light weight paddle tire? I’ve been looking at the proline paddles. I figure x there guys running paddles on here. Running a max6/1605kv 25/50

Last edited:
^^^ kind of small for a Kraton??? :unsure:

BTW, paddles are going to make your electrics run much hotter than normal, i.e. sand. Higher loads = higher amp draw. Might want to gear accordingly. Food for thought. Best to run paddles in much colder climates.... in the snow? :unsure:
I don't run in the wet personally. But many do.

Last edited:
^^^ kind of small for a Kraton??? :unsure:

BTW, paddles are going to make your electrics run much hotter than normal, i.e. sand. Higher loads = higher amp draw. Might want to gear accordingly. Food for thought. Best to run paddles in much colder climates.... in the snow? :unsure:
I don't run in the wet personally. But many do.
I’m going to use the 3.8 PL @SrC posted. I’m going to run 22/50t temps 50F-75F sand dunes on the border of Arizona/California. It’s a wild place still not wild like the 80’s-90’s when people would burn 🔥 VW magnesium motor blocks in camp fires.

TRX has some offerings as well. Proline would likely be a better choice though.. might be worth seeing if you can buy the tires and foams without the garbage proline replaceable hex wheels..
Unrelated, but I just busted out a set of proline 2.2 sandpaws I've had since the 90's. Put em on a TRX bandit that my brother gave me Saturday..

20221211_144646.jpg

Running paddles is pretty cool. The tires make your car sound like a boat combined with the spray of sand is pretty cool. You'going to like it.;)
Like @SrC said, watch the temps!
I'm not even going with them, my brothers going to take one of my XL kratons with him to the dunes he goes about 25-30 time a year he's a big gearhead been racing dirt bikes since he was 10 years old. I told him he has to video it for me!! I'm sure he'll break something but that's why we build them to drive them.
TRX has some offerings as well. Proline would likely be a better choice though.. might be worth seeing if you can buy the tires and foams without the garbage proline replaceable hex wheels..
Unrelated, but I just busted out a set of proline 2.2 sandpaws I've had since the 90's. Put em on a TRX bandit that my brother gave me Saturday..

View attachment 262147
I went with the Proline 3.8 paddles. Damn this aren't cheap!!!

I'm not even going with them, my brothers going to take one of my XL kratons with him to the dunes he goes about 25-30 time a year he's a big gearhead been racing dirt bikes since he was 10 years old. I told him he has to video it for me!! I'm sure he'll break something but that's why we build them to drive them.

I went with the Proline 3.8 paddles. Damn this aren't cheap!!!
Nope!! I cringe when I see the prices, especially the paddles. Guess because of the specific intended use? Idk. I did see PowerHobby has some nice belted paddles for the Xmaxx. Should work for any 1/6 scale, $65 a pair. Think I'd prefer unbelted just for weight reduction.

I can confirm this. My Dumont’s have a decent more sideways spray, but Rotauq’s Slingshots have crazy upwards “Bellagio” fountains spray🤣👌
I looked at the slingshots but went with the Dumonts instead. Should be fun for sure.

Thinking of getting a set of paddles for the snow. Which vehicle though..thats the tough choice. Xmaxx has the size and ground clearance, k6exb is pretty vulnerable to snow ingestion I think, but more power to weight ratio(mine anyways).. I 3d printed a set a couple years ago, put them on my kaiju. Poor kaiju with that little 4068 can motor..🤣🤣 I find steering is pretty vague with paddles at all 4 corners.

Resized_20210215_062514(1).jpeg

Kaiju wasn't the right choice for those, but at the time, the only rig I had that could fit them,LOL. Gearing options on the kaiju are just too limited for nearly 8" tires. I tried those on the k6 last winter, was better, then took a sideways landing off a snowbank and broke the hub of the wheel..game over.. kinda like the raid wheels from Proline..🤣🤣

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back