Paint cut or Cut paint..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve always cut the body out first and test fit before painting. My thought is if I cut after painting I’d crack the paint. Not sure if that’s true but that’s my train of thought.

As the title says, just curious what you do when painting a new body..??

Cut the body then paint or Paint the body then cut...?
I always cut open the bag that has the already painted body in it, first. Seems silly to drive around with the bag still on?????

Cut first, mark out post holes, sand any rough edges first. I've seen others sometimes do it the other way, but that can cause two issues. 1) It makes it harder to reach inside the body to do frisket cutting or painting. 2) If you cut last you run into the risk of delamination of the paint. I have found the best thing for cutting bodies fast is this straight tungsten dremel bit. It goes thru lexan like butter, and the plastic doesn't stick to it. ?

So basically most if not all cut then paint, it's what I've always done but I though I'd gather other peoples opinions on this..

As soon as it stops raining here ? I will be cutting and painting like a man possessed..? trying to get 3x bodies finished..??

Just take your time. That’s all I can stress. Don’t get in a hurry. Light coats is the key. I rushed my cutting n prep. Wish I would of took more time on that. Make sure your masking is stuck good on the edges or your have bleed through

Make sure your masking is stuck good on the edges or your have bleed through

My last body I painted I used liquid mask for the first time..? nothing worse than spending all that time with masking tape and paints only for it to bleed somewhere..??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back