Paint Fade Technique

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabe8501

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
Simple question here, advice on painting a face from dark metallic blue to metallic green. What do y'all think?

Using Spaz Stix Candy Blue Metallic to Tamiya Green with chrome or white backers...

I don't have any photos to show but would consider using a screen or similar template or stencil to fade colors. I've been thinking of it since I read your post.

I don't have any photos to show but would consider using a screen or similar template or stencil to fade colors. I've been thinking of it since I read your post.
Thanks bud, I'm trying to think of how to make a stencil here in the garage

The airbrush guys I've looked at use different stuff like this mesh. I can't paint a lick yet but I want to try and have clear bodies and paint ready to go. Lol.
I'm hoping to learn from what you do.
I'm not airbrushing I'm rattle canning. I have two small extra bodies to practice. I'll keep you posted
Crimson you gave me an idea, I may try to layer some drywall tape and work my way back alternating colors....

Simple question here, advice on painting a face from dark metallic blue to metallic green. What do y'all think?

Using Spaz Stix Candy Blue Metallic to Tamiya Green with chrome or white backers...

what kind of fade? like this?

Attachments

• 20190916_234329.jpg
    20190916_234329.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 20180621_125922.jpg
    20180621_125922.jpg
    470.7 KB · Views: 101
Same here. I bought these templates on ebay a while back. Not fading but I have that screen stuff in the bottom of the photo that could do something. Small holes though.
I have a big rock clear body that I should do with the time off but just learning and hope to see what all you guys do.
Also my paint cans.

20200408_214038.jpg

20200408_214514.jpg

Same here. I bought these templates on ebay a while back. Not fading but I have that screen stuff in the bottom of the photo that could do something. Small holes though.
I have a big rock clear body that I should do with the time off but just learning and hope to see what all you guys do.
Also my paint cans.

View attachment 73825
View attachment 73827

get after them clear bodies boyyy! ?

Yes sir! Was that airbrushed?

no, the green and orange one was sprayed with a hvlp gun.. the silver and red one was done with jar sprayers, so essentially a rattle can.. both are automotive base coat.. i have alot of it laying around so that's what ive been using when i can..?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back