Paint Schemes gone wrong ? High hopes down the toilet.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't give up, practice makes perfect. We all have to start somewhere!

Fall off horse = Get butt off ground and back on horse. Prepped, Cut and masked flames, and painted all today. This is body number 4 and I still had a couple little issues Im not happy with. My biggest issue = LACK PATIENCE to wait a day between main body color and detail colors. I just about screwed the whole thing up trying to do too much in one day. Cant wait for OEM roll bar to come in from ebay and this will be done.
IMG_9930.JPG

IMG_9929.JPG

IMG_9931.JPG

IMG_9936.JPG

IMG_9938.JPG

IMG_9945.JPG

Couple more angles
IMG_9940.JPG

IMG_9941.JPG

Totally not how I pictured this in my mind.

View attachment 150653
Words elude me at the moment and that statement says alot.
Fall off horse = Get butt off ground and back on horse. Prepped, Cut and masked flames, and painted all today. This is body number 4 and I still had a couple little issues Im not happy with. My biggest issue = LACK PATIENCE to wait a day between main body color and detail colors. I just about screwed the whole thing up trying to do too much in one day. Cant wait for OEM roll bar to come in from ebay and this will be done.
View attachment 152008
View attachment 152007
View attachment 152009
View attachment 152010
View attachment 152011
View attachment 152012
Couple more angles
View attachment 152014

View attachment 152015
This is bada$$. I want to do a Notorious custom so bad, but the way I bash it, I know the paint would only last a couple of days. Nice work on this one, and the first one you posted wasn't as bad as you think. If you go custom, might as well make it unique. Anyone can paint a single color (not me of course) but it takes imagination to do something different. I've seen many custom paint jobs that I can't figure out why they did it, but that's the point. It's theirs and theirs alone.

Last edited:
Took Jimbobjr's advice and added some stickers to go along with changing it to more of a desert style short course truck. Never mind the Outcast Backfilp tires, I was just goofing around setting the body on another chassis.
IMG_0155.JPG

IMG_0156.JPG

I have yet to find something superior or as good to e6000 for less money
I just saw the e6000 on Amazon today and was wondering if that was the same stuff as Shoe Goo but cheaper.

Oh, and for the Op - you could always coat the hood and bed in a layer of trim black, found in your local auto parts store. I actually think that would look killer. Chock the work up to experience. I have had my share of failed paint jobs. It's always great to have a body you don't mind beating up on. As far as the paint job goes though, it looks great. The colors do clash, but the design is pretty cool.

Edit - just saw the stickered pics. Don't change a durn thing man. Looks great :)

Last edited:
I just saw the e6000 on Amazon today and was wondering if that was the same stuff as Shoe Goo but cheaper.

Oh, and for the Op - you could always coat the hood and bed in a layer of trim black, found in your local auto parts store. I actually think that would look killer. Chock the work up to experience. I have had my share of failed paint jobs. It's always great to have a body you don't mind beating up on. As far as the paint job goes though, it looks great. The colors do clash, but the design is pretty cool.

Edit - just saw the stickered pics. Don't change a durn thing man. Looks great :)
Aparently shoe goe is less stretchy and shrinks a lot

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back