Paint Techniques

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TDep

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Does anyone know the process/technique RC manufactures use to apply their complex paint/designs to the inside of their bodies? As a graphic designer I would love to apply my own crazy/grungy/aggressive design to a blank shell if I knew the process. Trying to avoid skins on the outside of the body.

Does anyone know the process/technique RC manufactures use to apply their complex paint/designs to the inside of their bodies? As a graphic designer I would love to apply my own crazy/grungy/aggressive design to a blank shell if I knew the process. Trying to avoid skins on the outside of the body.
I can't remember where I read it but I read that they apply the paint to the body while it is still in sheet form and then the body is molded with the paint. I wish I could remember where I saw it though.

That makes a lot of sense, I figured they might apply it flat, but I am still left wondering how they apply the paint....if it is even paint....maybe some sort of decal or something printed in order to get such complex designs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back