Painting a Proline Body with Liquid Mask!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LunchBox

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Ok I use liquid mask a proline Chevy c10 body fr the stampede A 1" paintbrush and a xacto hobby knife (not pictured) and duratrax gunmetal grey and blue flash and a white backing spray(not pictured)
image.jpeg
I painted the whole inside of the body with the liquid mask 3 or 4 even coats. Let each coat completely dry before you recoat
image.jpeg
after u choose a design. I chose the classic Chevy look 2 blue panels and a blue roof with a gun metal grey base you run your xacto knife on the inside of the dry liquid mask to score it and peel the first layer off. As you can see the roof is a bit hazy from the liquid mask still on it. I will paint the gun metal grey first
image.jpeg
painted gun metal grey
image.jpeg
now I have peeled the liquid mask off the Side panels
image.jpg
now I painted the side panels blue
image.jpeg
I don't have a pic but I peeled the the liquid mask off the roof and placed the window mask on that came with the body and painted the roof blue
image.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpeg
again I don't have a pic but I also used a cover baking coat of white base duratrax peeled the window masks off and the over spray film off the outside and it's ready to go
image.jpeg
I also have 2 short videos of peeling off the liquid mask I'll up load on my YouTube Channel and post the link here. It came out awesome and I'm very pleased with this being my first body I painted. I can't wait t do another one. Don't be to critical on my how to I have here as this is also the first on did! Thnx guys I hope this helps someone out and I hope y'all like it!

Last edited:
Here is a a short videos of peeling the first part of liquid mask off
[DOUBLEPOST=1462758563][/DOUBLEPOST]
Here is the video after the gunmetal grey was done and dried me peeling the liquid mask off the side panels so I can spray the blue flash!

Nice work!

I have been eyeing up that same body due to a c10 we used to raise hell in as kids. I was even going to include the flames we painted on it one rainy day with some piss yellow exterior latex that happened to be sitting around, lol. Side note, don't take a truck with wet paint out in the rain.

Anyway, your cut lines between the two colors look fantastic. Did you freehand them that good or did you follow a body line with your knife?

Nice work!

I have been eyeing up that same body due to a c10 we used to raise hell in as kids. I was even going to include the flames we painted on it one rainy day with some piss yellow exterior latex that happened to be sitting around, lol. Side note, don't take a truck with wet paint out in the rain.

Anyway, your cut lines between the two colors look fantastic. Did you freehand them that good or did you follow a body line with your knife?
Thnx Dustin ..... I free handed them. The bottom of the blue panel was easy had a hard solid body line. On the top of the blue panel how ever was harder with where I wanted the line to fall they had a rounded body line so trying to keep it even was tough! Tho the concept was pretty simple paint job.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back