Parallel Charging Lipos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not making anywhere near 1400 watts on 12v- well less than half of that even if you max the settings.

It comes preset to 30 amp, but you can raise it.

See this thread for more info & details- https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2791505-RCGroups-Review-of-the-Hitec-X2-700

Advertised charger outputs are always 'max'- which will always be only when fed by much more than 12v, typically 24v or more.

This applies to lots of things in life- a real cars hp is on proper octane, ideal air temp, high rpm. Heck- there was a huge lawsuit on lawnmowers because of label specs.

A stereo amplifier, or speakers are notorious for inflating or misleading specs as well.

It's not making anywhere near 1400 watts on 12v- well less than half of that even if you max the settings.

It comes preset to 30 amp, but you can raise it.

See this thread for more info & details- https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2791505-RCGroups-Review-of-the-Hitec-X2-700

Advertised charger outputs are always 'max'- which will always be only when fed by much more than 12v, typically 24v or more.

This applies to lots of things in life- a real cars hp is on proper octane, ideal air temp, high rpm. Heck- there was a huge lawsuit on lawnmowers because of label specs.

A stereo amplifier, or speakers are notorious for inflating or misleading specs as well.
As I said before I know for a fact that it can do at least 500 watts per channel on 12v. I have done it a bunch of times when charging my friends 6s batteries. I also have an email from Hitec stating that if you have a 120 amp 12v power supply, the charger WILL put out 700 watts per channel on 12v.

Yes, I did forget that it is set by default to max out the power supply at 30 amps. I changed it the first time that I ran it and haven't had to mess with it again. And yes, with MOST chargers it is true that you need higher voltage to get the claimed wattage out of the charger, but not so with this one.

You should be able to max whatever your charger input amp settings are.

If you decide to look at what that could be, please let us know.

You should be able to max whatever your charger input amp settings are.

If you decide to look at what that could be, please let us know.
Yeah, the next time that I use it I will try to remember to check out all the settings that I changed and let you know.

I meant to update this post earlier this week, but I've been busy and forgot and thought about it again from looking at another thread. It turns out that my buddy unplugged my charger from my power supply and plugged it into his when I wasn't looking as his has more power outputs and his power supply is 24 volts. So I cannot say for sure what the output will be at 12 volts. I would like to apologize to @PowerDubs as it was a mistake on my part that I did not know that my buddy did that.

I do have an email from Hitec though stating that it can pull full power from 12 volts, but now I'm starting to think that they don't know their own product and I am curious what the charger will do on 12 volts. I am also kind of upset if it can't as their email stating that is the main reason that I went with this charger.

I do have an email from Hitec though stating that it can pull full power from 12 volts,..................... I am curious what the charger will do on 12 volts.............................. I am also kind of upset if it can't as their email stating that is the main reason that I went with this charger.

Above you said they said- "if you have a 120 amp 12v power supply, the charger WILL put out 700 watts per channel on 12v."

Which may be true, but disingenuous as you won't find anything capable of that amperage short of most modern car alternators which I would not advise.

But easy enough to test your units capabilities. Throw some big batteries on it, 12v, set it to max output and see what the display says.

Then do it again on 24v.

Above you said they said- "if you have a 120 amp 12v power supply, the charger WILL put out 700 watts per channel on 12v."

Which may be true, but disingenuous as you won't find anything capable of that amperage short of most modern car alternators which I would not advise.

But easy enough to test your units capabilities. Throw some big batteries on it, 12v, set it to max output and see what the display says.

Then do it again on 24v.
Yes, that is what they told me in an email.

Some server and PC power supplies are capable of it too. I do have a 1500 watt PC power supply that I was going to convert to an RC power supply but haven't gotten around to it and if the charger turns out to be limited, I probably won't convert it.

I would love to test it out on 12v to see what it can do, but unfortunately all I have at the moment is mostly 2s and 3s batteries with a couple of 4s batteries so I don't really have any way of maxing it out. I would need to buy some more 4s batteries and/or some 6s batteries, which I am planning to do as my 2s and 3s batteries start to go out, but for now, I don't have a way to do it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back