Parallel into series for super high mah

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cr3pitus

Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Nero
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 3s
So I have these floureon 5.5kmah 4s 35c packs that actually fit very well in the Nero battery compartment. Still has room for some foam. I was just thinking - can I just make a parallel harness, run the packs in parallel, use the loop plug I made on the ESC built on series plugs, and thus run a 11kmah 4s set up? I can't think of why this would be bad, and it would be awesome to have that run time. Especially since 4s is my most frequently used set up.

Attachments

• VZM.IMG_20161129_091310.jpg
    VZM.IMG_20161129_091310.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 42
So I have these floureon 5.5kmah 4s 35c packs that actually fit very well in the Nero battery compartment. Still has room for some foam. I was just thinking - can I just make a parallel harness, run the packs in parallel, use the loop plug I made on the ESC built on series plugs, and thus run a 11kmah 4s set up? I can't think of why this would be bad, and it would be awesome to have that run time. Especially since 4s is my most frequently used set up.

super ultra mega high capacity batts are a splendid idea as long as you are keeping tabs on your temps...and just not bashing for hrs on end without giving your electronics a rest...especially the motor...just something to be aware of...

super ultra mega high capacity batts are a splendid idea as long as you are keeping tabs on your temps...and just not bashing for hrs on end without giving your electronics a rest...especially the motor...just something to be aware of...
What's the safe motor temps for this motor? It looks like a rebranded hobbywing quicrun 4074 to me which would make sense since the ESC is basically a rebranded hobbywing xr8 pro from what I can tell.

What's the safe motor temps for this motor? It looks like a rebranded hobbywing quicrun 4074 to me which would make sense since the ESC is basically a rebranded hobbywing xr8 pro from what I can tell.

i think most folks are fine with 120 to 125 degs F on the motor with hard running...and about the same for batt temps...opinions may vary...

Good job thinking it through!
Some high capacity packs actually come stock parallel. my floureon 8000mah 40c 3s packs actually have 6 cells in them ran in paralell series. so in a way I run 12s all day lol.

It is probably the reason why I'm not making it through an entire pack without breaking anything, with 50-70 minute run times haha.

Good job thinking it through!
Some high capacity packs actually come stock parallel. my floureon 8000mah 40c 3s packs actually have 6 cells in them ran in paralell series. so in a way I run 12s all day lol.

It is probably the reason why I'm not making it through an entire pack without breaking anything, with 50-70 minute run times haha.
Lol just go true 12s and have extra fun. for maybe one minute. Yah the whole 70 minute run time thing since I switched to 4s parallel is what made me start preemptively planning on heat reduction. I have the 1500kv SkyRC Toro 6 pole motor coming in the mail today, so once I put that and the new pinion on I'll take a complete set of readings and do a video and written review about the setup and it's results. It might take a while for me to do the whole review and write up though I have some craziness coming up with work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back