Granite Part arrived...now what

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aloring3

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I finally got this part in the mail today but I need to put two bearings on before I screw it all together. Is there a trick to smashing these bearings on? They are the exact same as the ones I took out.
thanks
Rick

Attachments

• 61781AD0-1A0F-40DE-ACB1-FF21D2D9FC84.jpeg
    61781AD0-1A0F-40DE-ACB1-FF21D2D9FC84.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 55
Use needle nose pliers to wiggle it off. Put the pliers between the gear and bearing.

But it shows I need two on the exploded view. I think I only need one?

Attachments

• 339A6A43-ACFF-4158-A2CC-3505C6DE31BC.jpeg
    339A6A43-ACFF-4158-A2CC-3505C6DE31BC.jpeg
    243 KB · Views: 47
Does that mean one all the way down and one in the slot on the gear box?

Yes one goes all the way to the gear and the other will get spaced properly when you put it in the yoke.

So the trick to get that bearing all the way down the shaft to the gear?
Got it! Red and tacky

If this is your first time taking it apart, take a pic of how it comes from the factory. Perfect reference tool.

I would strongly suggest removing the diff assembly and cleaning it properly because if you have remaining FOD, you risk destroying the new gear.

I will have to try that. I ordered a few sets from Jennys and figured I just throw them away is the bearings went bad because I couldn’t get it off.

So....she is all together with a new top and new tires. Will report how it runs when rain stops. However, check out the pic on the rear tires. It doesn’t touch but seems tight. They are the badlands.

must admit...I feel like I accomplished something.
Probably put a little throttle on it and it will break something but time will tell

Last edited:
Forgot the pics so someone can see if the tires are gonna be a problem before I run it.

Attachments

• 65356145-35AA-4A56-9F2A-05704FD0D2AC.jpeg
    65356145-35AA-4A56-9F2A-05704FD0D2AC.jpeg
    255 KB · Views: 60
  • FC0DC29E-F421-4E9C-A630-B19549CB66CE.jpeg
    FC0DC29E-F421-4E9C-A630-B19549CB66CE.jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 54
Forgot the pics so someone can see if the tires are gonna be a problem before I run it.
Dang those wheels look really strange. The offset seems way too small. If that the 6x30 14mm inserts?

Yes, check out my other post, I didn’t know how to link them. But you can see where it’s rubbing on the pics I posted. I dropped the hex inside the time and they are sitting flush too. Yes, I double checked and took one proline wheel...one 14mm adaptor from the separate adaptor set and screwed it in with the screws that were supplied with the wheel. The wheels look great. Now I gotta figure out how to run them on this granite.

I threw the stock wheels on and went for a rip with the new gear and metal spur and the thing was tearing it up. It was like the first day I switched to brushless. Could almost do a backflip from stopped position and hitting throttle full power. I cant imagine when these badlands are hooked up.

I have Badlands in 17mm hex using hot racing 17mm adapters which give +10 offset. Without that +10 offset the tires would rub, so it seems even with the 14mm 6x30 adapters you're still needing more offset. You could try wider 14mm hex hubs, I know GPM makes them in a few offset sizes. I ran +9mm ones by them I for a while with stock wheels before swapping to 17mm badlands. Downside to GPM is parts are slow to arrive since I believe they ship from overseas and unfortunately I don't know who else makes 14mm extended hubs that fit the granite besides them.

Yes, that is the set of adaptors I got in addition to the tires
Can you take a pic of the insert off of the wheel? See what depth it is. Do you have a set of metric calipers?

I don’t have calipers but I’ll get a pic of it taken off the wheel if that will help?

Attachments

• DF8F5181-4C10-4E1A-8912-CBA077CC7F27.jpeg
    DF8F5181-4C10-4E1A-8912-CBA077CC7F27.jpeg
    266.1 KB · Views: 48
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back