Notorious Part compatibility with different version

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blakeaowen15

Reaction score
I have a Notorious V4, and obviously there’s a V5 now, and was wanting to order some parts but there hard to find for a V4, so I was wondering if there was a website for people to order stock parts for an older model. And was also wondering if there was a difference in the parts from a v5 and a v4. Ex: If i needed to buy a rear/front diff for my V4, would I be fine ordering the same one as the v5. there’s a lot of websites to order stock parts so if I just select my model as the V5 and order it, would it be the same part for my V4?

yes the diffs are the same and just about everything else

The v5 has:
- spektrum electronics
- different shape shock towers (stronger)
- a different chassis, probably transplantable to v4 with small mods
- slightly different shocks because of the different towers (longer I think)
- stronger (EXB) A-arms. Not sure they’re compatible with the v4 diff house and chassis (think not)

The v5 has:
- spektrum electronics
- different shape shock towers (stronger)
- a different chassis, probably transplantable to v4 with small mods
- slightly different shocks because of the different towers (longer I think)
- stronger (EXB) A-arms. Not sure they’re compatible with the v4 diff house and chassis (think not)
You can use the rear V4 arms on the V5 chassis but the droop screws won't line up iirc. The fronts fit 100%. You cannot use the rear V5 arms on a V4 chassis the arms hit the ears on the rear. Well you can but you need to remove some material from the ears.

I haven't ran into any issues using the newest parts stock, v3 chassis, My Notorious is a V3 and I have the newer motor mount, all 3 exb diffs, all 4 f/r exb arms, exb shock towers / chassis braces / akerman and I'm sure other stuff im forgetting. As stated earlier some modification will be needed at times but nothing crazy.

I haven't ran into any issues using the newest parts stock, v3 chassis, My Notorious is a V3 and I have the newer motor mount, all 3 exb diffs, all 4 f/r exb arms, exb shock towers / chassis braces / akerman and I'm sure other stuff im forgetting. As stated earlier some modification will be needed at times but nothing crazy.

My arms just barely hit the chassis, just have to grind like a millimeter or two off. It's a version 1 M2C Racing chassis and V5 a arms. That is the only thing that I know of that isn't a 100% bolt on.

20230110_160125.jpg
20230110_160140.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back