Kraton Part Identification Help, please! Kraton 6s v4 Front Differential

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NigelPrentice

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
Hello friends,

Over the weekend I changed out my front steering knuckles on my Kraton 6s v4 from stock to RC Racing. I was doing some test jumps on a ramp I had put on the street in front of my house, and after about 10 jumps (not high, but at high speed and pretty far), I broke part of my front differential.

I can't determine from the exploded view which part I need to order to replace it. The part I need comes out of the front diff on both the left and right, is shaped like a cup, and drives the dogbones that turn the front tires. I think the part is called an "front diff outdrive," but I am not sure. I broke the left outdrive, if that is the correct name for it.

When I go to the Arrma website, I see AR220041 (Front/Rear 43T Spiral Diff Set), which looks like it could be correct, but from the product pic, I can't see all the angles.

Based on that description and the pics I've attached, is that the correct part I need? Can I replace the outdrive only, or do I need to replace the entire diff? Any other parts or accessories I need to complete this repair? Are there upgraded, aftermarket parts you would suggest?

Damage to the Left side of Front Diff:
Outdrive-Left-Empty-Circled.png

Left side with the dogbone shown:
Outdrive-Left-Dogbone-Circled.png

Showing the right side for comparison. Is this called the "outdrive?"
Outdrive-Right1-Note.png

Thanks so much,
Nigel

That is the correct diff, but all you need is the output cup set.. also remove any and all shims/washers/spacers from the ends of the a-arms behind the pillow balls.. this will prevent the axle from coming out and damaging the cup again..✌

You just need the outdrive. I think they come in 2 packs. I think this is what you need but I don’t own this truck so take this with a grain of salt....
https://www.arrma-rc.com/products/Ar310439/30/1/ALL/ALL/ALL/ALL

@KevinC Thanks for the confirmation! I think you're right.

That is the correct diff, but all you need is the output cup set.. also remove any and all shims/washers/spacers from the ends of the a-arms behind the pillow balls.. this will prevent the axle from coming out and damaging the cup again..✌

@Camaroboy383 Thanks for confirming. And yeah, I was thinking about those shims and washers and wondering whey they are there if they mostly just make it a bit easier for the dogbones to pop out. Yes, I know they are for camber, but why not include them in the parts bag to be used as needed. Anyway, Thanks man.

-Nigel

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back