Premium members don't see ads. Click here to upgrade.

Part time reverse?

TheGlack

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Outcast
Brand new V4 Kraton. Already reset the esc but no change...... reverse only works when it wants to

roondog

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Senton
Are you at 100%? Reverse will only work when truck is stopped. Are you fully stopped and it's not working?

Sledgehog

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Talion
Reset and rebind the transmitter maybe? Should be instructions to do so in the manual or on the Spektrum website. (still not sure why they went with those crappy things when the Tactic worked great)

crimsonfancy

A guy that doesn't know when to give up.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Talion, Typhon, Notorious, BigRock 4x4
Only trouble I've heard about losing reverse is when the switch is turned down to less than 100% power.
Disappointing when Traxxas vxl system can be tuned to lower the speed wherever even with bluetooth connectivity.

dirrty

Let's get dirrty!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton
Yep, if it's moving, the reverse acts as a brake, once it stops it kicks into reverse.

TheGlack

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Outcast
Are you at 100%? Reverse will only work when truck is stopped. Are you fully stopped and it's not working?
Fully stopped, and it doesn’t matter which setting I’m on

TheGlack

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Outcast
Already did that too
Reset and rebind the transmitter maybe? Should be instructions to do so in the manual or on the Spektrum website. (still not sure why they went with those crappy things when the Tactic worked great)

Jeremy in WI

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
4x4-Mega
Is there a dual rate knob for the throttle on the new transmitters? If that isn't centered to the liking of the receiver it can get hard to catch reverse.

Sledgehog

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Talion
This may be a stupid question as I'm not familiar with the spektrum they've included with the v4s or if they changed anything on the esc but... it doesn't have that thing where you have to push the trigger forward twice to activate reverse does it? I understand some electronics use that method like the hobbywing esc I just tossed in my tlr. Probably not the case but never hurts to ask I guess.

slick2500

Will work for beer.
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Outcast, Typhon
This may be a stupid question as I'm not familiar with the spektrum they've included with the v4s or if they changed anything on the esc but... it doesn't have that thing where you have to push the trigger forward twice to activate reverse does it? I understand some electronics use that method like the hobbywing esc I just tossed in my tlr. Probably not the case but never hurts to ask I guess.
I actually think all rcs are set this way, you have to double tap to get reverse.

I personally think this is an esc related issue and has absolutely nothing to do with the radio. I have seen a few others with this issue and I myself had this issue with my original BLX185 in my Outcast I would have to hit the trigger like 3-4 times before it would start to reverse, and usually by the 3rd time I was like dufuq and would smash it so the truck goes flying backwards........ I replaced my original rx with a Tactic TR325 when it fried because the rx box leaked and the brakes still took 3-4 taps before they would engage. That esc eventually let out the 4 flashing leds of death. The replacement that Horizon sent me the reverse works on the second pull like it should.

crimsonfancy

A guy that doesn't know when to give up.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Talion, Typhon, Notorious, BigRock 4x4

Cheapbastard

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Voltage
funny page 21 shows IC5 connector and still shows Tactic radio profile. Should work fine just the same.
I saw that also it is just the same even though they show the Tactic transmitter it's just recognizing throttle trigger positions no matter the transmitter when doing throttle setup.

Premium members don't see ads. Click here to upgrade.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
longsmb Arrma 6s BLX 4
RCPropaganda Arrma 6s BLX 0
Matt_060983$ Arrma 6s BLX 1
Caffeine General Chaos 0