Kraton Parts availability for Arrma in UK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ktc888

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Horizon hobby have taken over hobbiCo.

So why do our UK stores have no stock on 90% of spares?

The reson behind this question is every store I ring in the UK say they are waiting on a dispach from horizon. If you visit horizon website they do have 95% of spares IN STOCK. So why are they not dispatching to the UK yet?

Vas @ AussieRCPlaygound did a vid on this issue. He said, in the USA, Horizon distributes direct to hobby shops. In most Non-USA markets, they have agreements with sub-distributors. The Bankruptcy / Sale of Hobbico broke all those sub-distributor contracts. Horizon has apparently been slow on getting those new contracts in place.

Sucky situation.

I have contacted horizon just to see if they have an ETA on distributing to the UK. Still waiting on a reply. I have a paper weight atm :(

Attachments

• 20181107_174720.jpg
    20181107_174720.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 47
Just order them parts from US like everyone else, I’m just building another kraton from the spares I got - everything except battery and motor combo ordered from US

I believe that the European (inc UK) operations are run from Germany. What’s the availability of the parts you need on the horizonhobby.co.uk site?
If you want parts quick eBay is worth checking. I saw someone based in the UK selling all Notorious parts, and they said they’re expanding.

I’m sure it will improve, when I bought my Talion from Germany Arrma RC availability was almost nonexistent in the UK. They’ve fixed that now so I’m sure parts supply will follow soon.

Yeh I have ordered everything I need now. Just annoying really when my brother walks in to our local store and grabs everything he needs for his traxxas lol

The situation in Australia is no better if not worse , ETA for parts keeps getting moved back , the new distro isn't exactly inspiring any confidence to be honest. Horizon pulled the plug on the old distributors and assigned new ones , and the transition hasn't been smooth.

I have imported some parts from the US, but lets be realistic for a moment here, the total cost of the small parts would in some instances be under $20.00AU, freight on the other hand is minimum $25.00US ( around $38.00AU ) for a small international padded bag via USPS. I did that multiple times , so the costing was getting ridiculously blown out. I now simply refuse to import any more parts, I will wait it out locally, truck can stay shelved.

Last edited:
Yeah, importing from the US can be very expensive. Shipping equal to or more than the item(s), 17.5% VAT, courier/ Royal Mail handling charge, and import duty on top of everything.

Completely agree with silly prices but I will say I have managed to get a new bulkhead from US delivered to the UK for £15. Not to bad considering our local stores charge on average of £10

Not to sure really.. my brother has just had the traxxas vxl. Yes not as bulletproof as the kraton but is a great piece of kit

Before getting my Talion (then Notorious a couple of months later) I had been looking to get an E-Revo 2.0.
Then after suggestions from other forums (I had never heard of Arrma) I compared it to the Kraton which I couldn't find anywhere in stock and got a Talion. Pricing was an important factor for me, along with the Arrma's having a reputation for being tougher. The E-Revo 2.0 is $549 (£418) in the US and £629 in the UK. The Kraton/ Talion are $499 (£380) in the US and £449 in the UK. That £69 difference in the Arrma's price in the US vs UK is acceptable if you account for UK VAT, shipping, distribution etc... The £210+ (yep, 3x as much) difference for the E-Revo 2.0 is a disgrace.

Everyone is going mad over the self roll over button the e-revo has.. quite funny really as I have been watching the videos of people failing to make it turn over

Yeah, I can see why people might want it to get a truck a hundred+ feet away back up and running but I doubt I'd ever have uised it.

So I emailed horizon to see if they have any more infomation on estimate time scale that uk stores will start having stock back in. Here was there reply, makes no sense to me regarding my question as I already no my suppliers do not have any stock at all....

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-11-08-02-17-44.png
    Screenshot_2018-11-08-02-17-44.png
    331 KB · Views: 69
That's a pretty poor response. I'd reply saying the checks had already been made and I was reaching out to them because the availability of parts is affecting the continued use of their product.

I have replied and asked them to review my original question. I heard that horizon dispatch to LOGIC RC in the UK and LOGIC RC then supply all UK stores.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back