Typhon parts for 1/8 typhon 4x4 V3 3S BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinnybear

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Just got the above RC car and want to do some upgrades before I run it but having a hard time understanding what fits the 1/8 version.
Found several posts but when I look up the parts they all seems to be for the 1/10 version.

things I would like to do from new :
- removing wheel and steering slop (pretty bad on one side from new)
- aluminum engine mount
- diff upgrades (shim, better material ?)
- aluminum hub carries front & read
- aluminum hubs front & read
- aluminum suspension arms ?
- drive shafts
- aluminum shocks
- shock oil
- diff grease
- bumpers

Any advise and what to get for the above or other things I should be looking at please ?

Again it's for the 1/8 version

Thanks.

regarding the diff is grease or oil better ?

got some team Losi 50wt chock oil for the shocks but for the diffs there's anything from 3k to 500K in fluids as well as grease.

was thinking of getting Lucas oil red 'n' tacky grease is that ok ?

regarding the diff is grease or oil better ?

got some team Losi 50wt chock oil for the shocks but for the diffs there's anything from 3k to 500K in fluids as well as grease.

was thinking of getting Lucas oil red 'n' tacky grease is that ok ?
Oil inside the diffs; grease on the outside.

Stock oil weight is 10k. I bought a bottle of 30k. Topped off the rear (new Typhon, so stock oil was clean) which was about 1/2 full. Drained and refilled the front. I figure that I ended up with 30k front/20k rear with only having to buy one bottle.

I used Superlube on the ring and input gear. I had planned to use Red n Tacky, but a few members talked me out of it due to it being so thick.

The bumper from a granite works fine. You need some screws and the rubber shock absorbing thing. Pretty cheap and easy to install IMO the typhon definitely needs some kind of front bumper.

Definitely top up your diffs they are prolly half full at best.
The granite 3S wheelie bar works fine too. Some people complain it breaks easy but meh you don't really need it because the rear wing absorbs a lot of damage. I dunno we have one 3S with a rear wing and wheelie bar and one with only the wing.

Back