Outcast Parts out of stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robl45

Reaction score
Whats the excuse this time? Last time they were changing suppliers, now I go look and screws and shock springs are backordered until May sometime. Other parts are backordered too but expected soon. Say anything you want, but I'm pretty sure if I had an Erevo I could get parts for it right now.

I can never find parts on hobby store websites.

Anything I buy ends up being off ebay or Amazon...

Yea, at higher costs typically, problem with ebay is either free shipping which of course is added to the price or additional shipping. If one person has it all its not bad, otherwise its much cheaper to get from tower or somewhere that does 1.99 shipping.

Hobbico(Arrmas parent company) filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy that is why parts are out of stock, and they will probably remain out of stock until whoever buys Hobbico gets things back on track.

And why would you buy screws direct from Arrma? They are stupid expensive. Losi, Team Associated hell even the hardware store carries the exact same 12.9 black oxide coated screws for a fraction of the price.

Last edited:
Screws are tricky because the hardware store typically won't have the allen head screws so now I end up with a hodgepodge of phillips and allen heads.

The first thing I do when I get a new rc I jump on eBay and get 2 or 3 of the full screw kits. They come with every screw,nut you will need for your rc imo it never hurts to have extra and it stops the hodgepodge of screws in your rig they are also a upgrade by being stainless.

so if they filed bankruptcy does that mean that parts for our trucks are going to become impossible to get?

My understanding of the situation is that hobbico filed chapter 11. Gm filed chapter 11 and they are still around so I don't think that we will have the problem finding parts for arrma. As long as there is a demand for the parts there will b a company who will pick up production of parts. Things are slow right now because the suit just ended. So after time it should b business as usual.

I buy my screws in bulk from this guy on eBay, https://ebay.com/usr/afh_fasteners I picked up 100 12.9 hardened steel screws for $14.05. That is 0.14 cents per screw. They do charge shipping for each bag of screws though, but the more you buy the more you save on shipping. Some of the oddball sizes he does not have.

You can also buy bags of 100 from McMaster Carr.

so if they filed bankruptcy does that mean that parts for our trucks are going to become impossible to get?
They won't completely dry up, but it could be a little bit before things get back on track.

I spoke to the Arrma sales rep today. There are a load of Arrma parts that are due in within a couple weeks. The 1:8 scale parts seem to be out of stock more than other items. I plan to stock up parts in my store, already putting in backorders.

I think with the chapter 11 bankruptcy having Hobbico in limbo, some Arrma enthusiasts have been buying, stockpiling and hoarding parts, also contributing to the lack of parts available. I must admit, I am one of those enthusiasts. A couple more parts and a body and I'd have another truck.

I think with the chapter 11 bankruptcy having Hobbico in limbo, some Arrma enthusiasts have been buying, stockpiling and hoarding parts, also contributing to the lack of parts available. I must admit, I am one of those enthusiasts. A couple more parts and a body and I'd have another truck.

That is were I am at to I could possibly build 1 of each of my arrmas with my parts stock pile. I own 3 of the 2018 model arrmas a outcast,kraton and a typhon. My wife Jas been telling me they r gonna come film a episode of hoarders in my rc room if I buy anymore parts lol and I tell her better safe then sorry. I am getting ready to buy a 3d printer my wife is also in the hobby so having the ability to manufacture parts in house sounds awesome. I have a backgound in c.d.d. And Dell has an awesome 3d printer for home use it is called the raptor replicator

Yeah just ask @Jerry-rigged about parts hoarding lol.

Ya when I got all my new models the v2 outcast v3 typhon and v3 kraton. I went on a buying spree myself my shop looks like a arrma rc store lol. I'm just really interested in this 3d printer because it says u can use all different polymers and types of plastics. And with my backgound I already run revit and auto cad pro. So designing he part won't be an issue. Figure it's worth a try I'm already working with a machinist who is helping me make some t420 stainless steel parts. We are working on a shock eyelet design now in billet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back