Parts Storage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waspmoose

Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop Rc Addiction
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Outcast 4s
Hey guys, I'm not sure where to post this but feel free to move it. What are you guys using to store your spare parts. Like the big stuff that won't fit in a screw tackle box thing.

Hardware and bearings:
20190509_183225.jpg

Parts:
20190509_183239.jpg

Yeah I'm using those small totes right now but I'mm still losing stuff lol, my 2 year old also likes to get into them and try and help me fix stuff so they never stay organized.

Yeah I'm using those small totes right now but I'mm still losing stuff lol, my 2 year old also likes to get into them and try and help me fix stuff so they never stay organized.
Yeah it's rough. I have my parts bagged inside but I still end up dumping it all out and sifting through. I have 10 trucks though. If I had one I'd break the sttiff up into different totes.

I keep my spares on the wall. And I realize not everybody has pegboard.
If I use part of a pack, I retape or repackage and back up so I can see it somewhat categorized on the wall..
I admit I don't feel 100% organized and wish for a cleaner system but right now it's what I do.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/TyCFVC24HjGebm1q9

I keep my spares on the wall. And I realize not everybody has pegboard.
If I use part of a pack, I retape or repackage and back up so I can see it somewhat categorized on the wall..
I admit I don't feel 100% organized and wish for a cleaner system but right now it's what I do.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/TyCFVC24HjGebm1q9
Yeah I am thinking about going the peg board route. We are moving into a new house this weekend so I will have alot more room for this hobby. Including buying me a new workbench!

Wall of pegboard would be awesome... but tedious and painful to manage once your fleet grows. My office would look like a hobbyshop threw up in it if I had enough pegboard for all the various parts/brands of parts for all the vehicles. Would be nice though if I had the room!

2019-0417-WorkBench.jpg

The 3 narrow ones on the left are actually 6, 20 of these stacked/screwed together with wheels on the bottom one:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-3-Drawer-Cart/168603077

The 3 drawer wide one is this on a stand that is just 4 legs and a platform that I slide my pull along truck bag under for a storage spot when I'm not using it:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-3-Drawer-Wide-Cart-White/8282897

I layered the top of the big one with a piece of plywood and made a simple rack out of 1x 2x stuff I had in the closet for my chargers.

All of them are packed to the gills...

Yeah I am thinking about going the peg board route. We are moving into a new house this weekend so I will have alot more room for this hobby. Including buying me a new workbench!
congratulations!
Fluids, glues and small parts
View attachment 37791

Tires, diffs and wing mounts
View attachment 37792

Paint, new parts and cleaning supplies
View attachment 37794

Broken parts
View attachment 37793
cool that you save the handwritten cards. Are those from Voltage? I also get one every time.

congratulations!

cool that you save the handwritten cards. Are those from Voltage? I also get one every time.
Yes sir.
Every time I place an order he sends one and I put it up on the wall as a memento.

Yes sir.
Every time I place an order he sends one and I put it up on the wall as a memento.
Very nice. I know their small team feels good every time Voltage is shown love. Very good stuff and looks so clean at the same time.

Ya I must say they come in handy. It's not all rc stuff in mine.... Keeps the organization at bay. I still have to label them though. Can't beat them for the price

Hey guys, I'm not sure where to post this but feel free to move it. What are you guys using to store your spare parts. Like the big stuff that won't fit in a screw tackle box thing.
Peg board for the small stuff and the larger sliding drawer plastic bins for the big stuff. The small filing cabinet is full of tires and some bagged new parts.

Attachments

• 20190428_164156.jpg
    20190428_164156.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 20190428_164145.jpg
    20190428_164145.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 55
Wire it up to 120v. That'll keep them curtain climbers off of things.

Sorry, I'm feeling particularly grumpy this morn. Gotta go see the freaking Dr for 15 minutes of argument.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back