Talion Parts that break

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubbie

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
What parts does everyone keep breaking on their talion v3? I am about to order one and don’t know if I should grab some extra parts

My first parts to break on my Kraton, Steering Servo, and a bearing in the rear Diff.

What parts does everyone keep breaking on their talion v3? I am about to order one and don’t know if I should grab some extra parts

Honestly @spar69 beats his talion like he hates the damn thing. I’ve yet to see him quit a run due to breakage. If you flip over and slide on the roof you’ll grind body posts down quick. I like to have some shock ends on hand I’ve only broken 1 on my outcast. He did bend a center dog bone but my man grabs a big rock, takes it over to a stump and beats it 95% straight, reassembled and kept going. Jumping at bmx track no less. We’ve both stripped ring and pinion gears. 2 shims outside the diff is a good idea. We each cracked and a arm on our outcasts. The damn esc fans break on me every time I plug in a battery. As mentioned the servo is not likely to last long. Take the time to read the manual and adjust the servo epa on the radio. Makes it last. Maybe dial the servo saver extra loose if you don’t wanna upgrade right away. Jennysrc is unbeatable for value on replacement parts. I don’t make money for saying it it’s just truth.

I bent the shock tower a bit and slightly damaged the wing after a 20 feet jump that ended... on the tower.
Also bearings.
Not the servo as it's in a much better position (in the V3) than other Arrma's cars.

Rear wing mount is the only thing to break so far. I am surprised how sturdy these trucks are, I though for sure that I would have broken things with some of the hits this truck has took. Just keeps on going...

I have a Kraton but it is relevant. The servo went out right away. Make sure you have another. Also get a set of Fast Eddie bearings ($25). It will give you every bearing for the car. You will need them eventually. I also bought a set of the little plastic tie rod ends. Mine popped off a couple times and I figure they will just keep getting easier to come off every time I snap them back on. They were cheap. one of my lug nuts kept coming off and I had to borrow one from a friend to keep running. It was cheap insurance to buy extras.

Rear wing mount is the only thing to break so far. I am surprised how sturdy these trucks are, I though for sure that I would have broken things with some of the hits this truck has took. Just keeps on going...

I find it breaks much less on the Talion V3 than other cars. Its smaller. I also have a large rear bumper that takes a lot of the crashes instead, so maybe that helps.

I've yet to break the wing mount but my wing does come off almost every run. It strips right over the two screws holding it on but can be reassembled quickly. I haven't made it more permanent because I'd rather strip through the screws than break the mount.
Other than that I've had nothing break but I don't jump it like Duperbash or even anything close. lol

I cracked one of the steering blocks at the front when I side swiped a kerb at 30mph+. I've got a replacement ordered but just glued over the crack and the Talion is running fine. I popped the wing off the screws on a very bad landing but it went back on no problem. The Talion is a well made, sturdy RC.

I find it breaks much less on the Talion V3 than other cars. Its smaller. I also have a large rear bumper that takes a lot of the crashes instead, so maybe that helps.

Thanks for the tip. What bumper do you have?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back