Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Parts to have in stock

Discussion in 'Granite 2WD' started by Cobi RC, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Cobi RC

Cobi RC Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    Hi, maybe some of you have read my intro. I just bought a Granite, but I have to wait until october to unbox it. I live outside US. What parts would you recommend me to buy just in case.

Hope you can help me.

Thanks
    Cobi RC

2. poombah

poombah Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury
    Good question I was actually thinking about this myself today what spares to get - hopefully some of the more experienced offroaders can comment.

If it takes a while to order parts and get them to where you live - my suggestions to have for spares if you plan to really bash would be spare servo (unless you already have a ADS-7M in yours) or if you have ADS-5 or ADS-7 order the metal gearset now.. also a diff rebuild kit as if yours goes bang then sending the car back for warranty might not be feasible. Also shock oil - you can get good 'race kits' they have 3 or 4 different weights in a pack. Maybe some spare screws of the common sizes (they are mostly 3mmx12mm from memory) incase you pop a few out... spare body pins? and just makes sure you have the right tools to be able to work on car and you basic greases - white grease for light duty, grey/molybendium(sp?) for heavy duty. I use Tamiya greases as thats what i have with my other cars and have not had any issues.

3. WoodiE

WoodiE Kind of good admin
    Staff Member

If parts take a long time to be delivered I'd suggest looking into protective parts as well, such a Tone Bone Racing bumper.

Aflan likes this.
  4. Cobi RC

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    Thanks for your suggestions. I´m not completely new on the hobby, I got tools, shock and diff oils from the car I have. I want to be ready when I break something. In more than a year that I have my Vaterra Kemora, the only thing I broke was a rim due to high jumps.
    It´s a good idea to protect the car against crashes, The bumper on the link fits the BLS?. I´ll use 2s lipo, do you think I should buy wheelies?.

Thanks in advance.

5. poombah

poombah Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury
    I'd highly recommend the wheely bar if you are going to drive on tarmac/concrete/paved surfaces... I wish I had one on my Fury - the thing as spent almost as much time sliding down the road on it's lid as it has on it's wheels.

6. Cobi RC

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
  7. slothkigg

slothkigg Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    Tbone bumpers front/rear (not really spares just a great addition, also the rear acts as a wheelie bar), front body posts, more front body posts (they break very easy!) spare diff kit, rear body posts and maybe a few dog ones in case you take a nasty tumble and one pops out in the grass. Those have been the things needed to be replaced for me with the front body post being the worst by far.

8. Cobi RC

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
  9. Boscoe

Boscoe Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Mojave
    i don't have a granite, got the mojave, but the first things for me to break were the front shocks (shock caps popping off) and the ESC (randomly caught fire during use) and crash related breakages were the shock tower and lower bulkhead, but this was at full speed off a jump into a wall.... it was dark! i have the mega version upgraded to a 3500KV brushless with a 13/57 pinion and spur

10. Deathspared

Deathspared Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    From what I have read it sounds like the front a arms might be good to have extra of.

11. Desertrat

Desertrat Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    One thing I have learned is, you can keep spare parts on hand and it never fails the ones you end up needing are the ones you don't have.:(

Aflan, WoodiE and Boscoe like this.
  12. Cobi RC

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    Sounds like Murphy´s Law

13. Drewski

Drewski Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    I have owned my granite blx for only a few weeks and have needed a new wheelie bar (Actually just the upper bracket), front lower control arm, shock oil, rear knuckle, dog bones, axles..

14. Desertrat

Desertrat Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    Heres a new one. Aluminum servo arm. The plastic stock one stripped out already I thought I had 2 more in a little parts bag that came with the truck but after I had the old one out and opened the bag the 2 that were in there are 23t and 24t :mad: I don't know why they would give you parts that you cant use. I guess this will be a good time to give it a thorough maintenance service, since now its up to snail mail.

15. andrewking00

andrewking00 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
  16. ajdragon

ajdragon Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Raider
    Rooles likes this.
  • Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer