This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLX Matt

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Talion
  5. Typhon 6s
Ok boys calm down chill out I’m not saying I’m a Traxxas guy ,,,,, IM ARRMA TOUGH FOR LIFE BABY!!! On a typical day I see two to three parts I would purchase for my kraton , talion, or big rock 3s now unless those parts say arrma on them I have to have a drill and two other tools to get them to fit on my trucks . Ok maybe I’m not explaining myself correctly here’s an example , proline releases the raid wheels , nice wheels to put any tire on, now if u buy them they already come with adapters for stamped or rustler if I want them for my big Rock then I have to purchase the wheels and 2 sets of 14mm wheel adapters @$40 a pair that $80 and I didn’t even buy the wheels yet !!! Y do all companies automatically give the Traxxas guy everything he needs and we have to break the bank or buy thre other similar parts to Frankenstein together to make it work???? Obviously arrma listens to the consumer and takes our input and even designs around it how the hell can all these other companies sell us 1/2 the parts for double the price ! O well guess I’ll hope someone lets these companies know ARRMA IS # 1 and we need complete part sets too !! Let me know if I’m crazy or if u guys agree ??blx matt our

Ok boys calm down chill out I’m not saying I’m a Traxxas guy ,,,,, IM ARRMA TOUGH FOR LIFE BABY!!! On a typical day I see two to three parts I would purchase for my kraton , talion, or big rock 3s now unless those parts say arrma on them I have to have a drill and two other tools to get them to fit on my trucks . Ok maybe I’m not explaining myself correctly here’s an example , proline releases the raid wheels , nice wheels to put any tire on, now if u buy them they already come with adapters for stamped or rustler if I want them for my big Rock then I have to purchase the wheels and 2 sets of 14mm wheel adapters @$40 a pair that $80 and I didn’t even buy the wheels yet !!! Y do all companies automatically give the Traxxas guy everything he needs and we have to break the bank or buy thre other similar parts to Frankenstein together to make it work???? Obviously arrma listens to the consumer and takes our input and even designs around it how the hell can all these other companies sell us 1/2 the parts for double the price ! O well guess I’ll hope someone lets these companies know ARRMA IS # 1 and we need complete part sets too !! Let me know if I’m crazy or if u guys agree ??blx matt our
To be fair, the industry standards for wheel hexes seem to be 12mm and 17mm, have been for a long time, and Arrma choose to use 14mm. Why? I don't have the slightest clue. I think that they should have used 12mm for the Senton and 17mm for the rest to use all the standard wheels already out there. Then again I also think that they should come up with new names for different models, but that has been discussed to no end and obviously they felt it was smarter to reuse existing names and confuse people when discussing models that are named the same but 100% different.

That said I know that people have converted their vehicles to 12mm and 17mm hexes to accept standard wheels.

Arrma should be still considered "young" at this stage. Nonetheless, folks are catching on everywhere I read and YouTube comments section is the easiest place to see that Arrma is moving in fast on the rtr durability win.
In time we'll see more and more aftermarket parts and upgrades. We're already seeing Hot Racing jumping on board quickly just after the 3s BLX 4x4 line released. Takes time but when Arrma builds it, they will come.

Arrma should be still considered "young" at this stage. Nonetheless, folks are catching on everywhere I read and YouTube comments section is the easiest place to see that Arrma is moving in fast on the rtr durability win.
In time we'll see more and more aftermarket parts and upgrades. We're already seeing Hot Racing jumping on board quickly just after the 3s BLX 4x4 line released. Takes time but when Arrma builds it, they will come.

The HR 3s stuff is trash. Just had to say that, lol!

Oh bull. Not all of it is trash. They make a bunch of stuff but there are plenty enough good upgrades including extensions hubs, c-hubs, etc.
The 3s stuff? The extensions are impossible to get off and they have a ton of play. The c-hubs in the front bind the suspension. The steering rack is ok when it's not coming apart. The driveshafts are the biggest ripoff in RC history. I have it all and I stand by my comment. It's junk.

The 3s stuff? The extensions are impossible to get off and they have a ton of play. The c-hubs in the front bind the suspension. The steering rack is ok when it's not coming apart. The driveshafts are the biggest ripoff in RC history. I have it all and I stand by my comment. It's junk.
The driveshafts suck, no doubt. lol I don't have any trouble with the c-hubs or the extensions and I can remove them easily. I don't have the steering rack because I didn't break the stock one.

Arrma aftermarket support would have been further along by now if it weren’t for the whole Tower Hobbies acquisition.

Traxxas still holds the #1 in the market and companies are going to tailor to that...why would t they??? We just have to stick it out until Arrma gets to the same level, then it won’t be a probkem. Duratrax has hopped on board, they have the Six Packs in 14mm hex specifically for the Granite so its heading in the right direction.

He buys t bone too??‍♂️
I bought three TBone bumpers. I like the one on the Talion and haven't installed the two I got today. lol
Redcat Racing MT10E uses 14mm as well. There are others and I can't remember where but it's not so unique to have 14mm even if we would rather have 17mm. 12mm for SCT makes sense but I kinda like more beef than that on a MT and eventually want 17mm everywhere.

if Arrma would come with factory upgrades it would solve a lot of issues

The driveshafts suck, no doubt. lol I don't have any trouble with the c-hubs or the extensions and I can remove them easily. I don't have the steering rack because I didn't break the stock one.
You can unscrew the barrel nut on their 17mm hex adapters and just pull it off? Please let me in on your secret! I have to pry them off with a screwdriver.

if Arrma would come with factory upgrades it would solve a lot of issues
Hell, it's hard enough for em to keep stock of standard parts! In time they will. Arrma has punched out a lot of trucks in a short amount of time since the stall during the acquisition.
You can unscrew the barrel nut on their 17mm hex adapters and just pull it off? Please let me in on your secret! I have to pry them off with a screwdriver.
I use Harbor Freight blue threadlock?

Hell, it's hard enough for em to keep stock of standard parts! In time they will. Arrma has punched out a lot of trucks in a short amount of time since the stall during the acquisition.

I use Harbor Freight blue threadlock?
I'm talking about the actual adapters that slides over the stock wheel axle. Once I remove the barrel nut I have to slowly pry the adapter off the pin. It doesn't just pull off.

https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=ATF117XT02;c=1345

I'm talking about the actual adapted that slides over the stock wheel axle. Once I remove the barrel nut I have to slowly pry the adapter off the pin. It doesn't just pull off.
Well, I am using the old way 14mm>12mm then 12mm >17mm with the 6mm extension. Maybe I haven't experienced the same thing yet

I got a set of stampede super swappers on a $20 eBay buy and probably cost me $40 to fit on the big rock and not that well either so at least an adapter option should b available and not $40 for only 2 hubs!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back