PC case suggestions/Opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exc3l

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
Alright, guys, I returned my old parts and decided to save more money to build a better PC. I am going to buy the parts slowly because there is Reno going on in the house. I need case suggestions/opinions. So these are the 2 cases I am looking at ATM. I am going for a clean sleek build with not TOO MUCH RGB. These are both ARGB cases meaning the lights are changeable with software. The second case has an RGB strip included. They are both the same price. Thanks, I look forward to your opinions.
CASE 1 OR CASE 2?
1616621217556.png

Link to CASE 1:https://www.newegg.com/black-cooler...tion=td500&cm_re=td500-_-11-119-378-_-Product
CASE 2:
1616621821227.png

Link to case 2: https://www.newegg.com/black-be-qui...=500dx&cm_re=500dx-_-9SIA68VB0W1038-_-Product
1616620987489.png

I am getting a
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: 1660ti with intensions to upgrade later (If the 1660ti does get discontinued then I am going to go with an AMD card)
2tb HDD for games and a 256GB SSD for school and important stufffff.

A couple of comments:

For cases, I'd go with the Cooler Master. They are near equivalent when it comes to expansion bays, drive slots, etc, but the cooler master can take significantly longer GPUs. Ultimately this will better future-proof the case. Personally I like Antec and Corsair cases for the more minimalist style, but there is nothing wrong with any of the other name brands.

For peripherals, I can't help but suggest you stay away from Razer wherever possible. In my experience they make more "gamer gear" rather than quality devices, and every Razer product I have gotten has died very quickly. Logitech or Corsair would be my go-to. (Had a refurbished Corsair M60 that lasted 7 years). The Razer keyboards I have purchased prior have had noticably different resistances across the entire board. That being said, I haven't had anything made by Razer since 2012, so hopefully their quality has increased.

As for purchasing components in a slow build, don't. With the component shortages, and with how fast PC tech develops, you are better off saving up until you hit your budget (anywhere from $700-1400 would be plenty) and purchasing everything at once. By the time you have everything to put together a completely new, working rig, your first components purchased may be generationally old. When you have enough to purchase a mobo, for instance, transfer it into a different account you won't touch, same with a GPU, CPU, etc. Then when you do piece everything together, transfer it back to a spending account and make 1 or 2 larger purchases at one time. Bonus: it'll help save on shipping for things you don't get with Prime.

A couple of comments:

For cases, I'd go with the Cooler Master. They are near equivalent when it comes to expansion bays, drive slots, etc, but the cooler master can take significantly longer GPUs. Ultimately this will better future-proof the case. Personally I like Antec and Corsair cases for the more minimalist style, but there is nothing wrong with any of the other name brands.

For peripherals, I can't help but suggest you stay away from Razer wherever possible. In my experience they make more "gamer gear" rather than quality devices, and every Razer product I have gotten has died very quickly. Logitech or Corsair would be my go-to. (Had a refurbished Corsair M60 that lasted 7 years). The Razer keyboards I have purchased prior have had noticably different resistances across the entire board. That being said, I haven't had anything made by Razer since 2012, so hopefully their quality has increased.

As for purchasing components in a slow build, don't. With the component shortages, and with how fast PC tech develops, you are better off saving up until you hit your budget (anywhere from $700-1400 would be plenty) and purchasing everything at once. By the time you have everything to put together a completely new, working rig, your first components purchased may be generationally old. When you have enough to purchase a mobo, for instance, transfer it into a different account you won't touch, same with a GPU, CPU, etc. Then when you do piece everything together, transfer it back to a spending account and make 1 or 2 larger purchases at one time. Bonus: it'll help save on shipping for things you don't get with Prime.
Thanks. I have had that exact same mouse for a while till I gave it to my dad for his work. It's REALLY comfortable. Yes, I have hit my budget. I am paying for it with my saved up money. I really like the cleanliness of the BE QUIET but thanks! Both cases come in black and white! Thanks again.

Says you want not so much rgb but buys rgb ram... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Stay away from razor they are crap. Logitech all the way. And for cases cooler master has more experience and make better cases but I'm not a fan of their stuff anymore since the HAF series. Corsair makes great looking cases and they have quality stuff. Thermaltake is good too but you pay for the name. Just buy the Tower 900 like I did. You could probably fit inside of it.

Says you want not so much rgb but buys rgb ram... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Stay away from razor they are crap. Logitech all the way. And for cases cooler master has more experience and make better cases but I'm not a fan of their stuff anymore since the HAF series. Corsair makes great looking cases and they have quality stuff. Thermaltake is good too but you pay for the name. Just buy the Tower 900 like I did. You could probably fit inside of it.
I bought RGB ram because I am going for a black and white theme. I said I didn't want TOO much RGB. By that I mean 6 RGB fans RGB Strips and excessive RGB. Thanks!

I bought RGB ram because I am going for a black and white theme. I said I didn't want TOO much RGB. By that I mean 6 RGB fans RGB Strips and excessive RGB. Thanks!
I have 20 rgb fans in mine 16 of them for the cooling radiators alone. Is that too much rgb for ya??? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :cool::cool:

Alright, guys, I returned my old parts and decided to save more money to build a better PC. I am going to buy the parts slowly because there is Reno going on in the house. I need case suggestions/opinions. So these are the 2 cases I am looking at ATM. I am going for a clean sleek build with not TOO MUCH RGB. These are both ARGB cases meaning the lights are changeable with software. The second case has an RGB strip included. They are both the same price. Thanks, I look forward to your opinions.
CASE 1 OR CASE 2?
View attachment 134449
Link to CASE 1:https://www.newegg.com/black-cooler...tion=td500&cm_re=td500-_-11-119-378-_-Product
CASE 2:
View attachment 134453
Link to case 2: https://www.newegg.com/black-be-qui...=500dx&cm_re=500dx-_-9SIA68VB0W1038-_-Product
View attachment 134447
I am getting a
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: 1660ti with intensions to upgrade later (If the 1660ti does get discontinued then I am going to go with an AMD card)
2tb HDD for games and a 256GB SSD for school and important stufffff.
Based on all the reviews I've seen the 500DX is an awesome case and one of the better ones in terms of cooling. I also kinda like the look of it myself. :D

I've built CoolerMaster cases, and appreciate their fit and engineering. Somehow, they still have too many layers of plastic for my tastes. My favorite is Lian Li, very simple, very clean, all aluminum. If you've ever had a case with LEDs, then you know the next case you buy will be dark! Rainbow lights from china make anything look like cheap chintzy azz, and are super distracting.

I wouldn’t be building anything in this silicon short market. Save for a better day if you can.

I wouldn’t be building anything in this silicon short market. Save for a better day if you can.
Yes, I am waiting for a new GPU to drop or something from AMD! I will wait till March break which has been extended to April 12th here.
Based on all the reviews I've seen the 500DX is an awesome case and one of the better ones in terms of cooling. I also kinda like the look of it myself. :D
Same I like the look as well. What do you think of the white version?

I built my PC in December. I went with the be quiet 700 to do a revers layout. All the lights cycle through rainbow colors. Everything is stays cool too. No heat issues while gaming. No regrets.
20210324_183337.jpg

Last edited:
OH I didn't look over that. Looks good with the Black and Purple theme.
Ya, that's the cycle it was on when I took the picture. It rotates through all colors continuously. My ADD wont let me pick one color lol ;)
I thought people nowadays are totally into designs like this:

View attachment 134458
https://www.newegg.com/cougar-conquer-2/p/2AM-0023-00085?Item=9SIABD5AXK0863

The logitech g502 is good mouse, I never like other brands
Thanks for making me want this case next. However 300+ for a case is rich for my wallet:)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back