Pelase your help! Esc / motor combination

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the OE ESC's have a higher failuer rate in general. If I had to guess, probably like a 10% FR. Can't speak about HW retail stuff.
But the Max 8 seems not to be the better alternative these days. Although cheapest option. Just don't think it is much of an upgrade to a 185 variant.

I think the OE ESC's have a higher failuer rate in general. If I had to guess, probably like a 10% FR. Can't speak about HW retail stuff.
But the Max 8 seems not to be the better alternative these days. Although cheapest option. Just don't think it is much of an upgrade to a 185 variant.
I bought mine 2 years ago and it's now on its 4th car. Qc as of late on everything has gone down the crapper. But the Max8 is a little better than the BLX185, you have a little more tunability, 6mm bullets for the motor and a 7.4v bec.

Finally, I think that my esc was faulty, but to be sure that I will don't have more problems, i ordered a max 6. I have a dual motor fan as additional. I will use a 16t or 18t in 6s.

Thanks a lot!!

Well I'm running a surpass 150a ESC and 4076 motor right now in a outcast 6s with 6s or 4s lipo (17T). I have the 4092 coming this week, guess I'll be getting a Max6 as well. I'm not doing speed runs so I was hoping to keep what I have or get the max8 to keep this rig on the cheap as a fun build but fun cost money fuc.............

Last edited:
Well I'm running a surpass 150a ESC and 4076 motor right now in a outcast 6s with 6s or 4s lipo (17T). I have the 4092 coming this week, guess I'll be getting a Max6 as well. I'm not doing speed runs so I was hoping to keep what I have or get the max8 to keep this rig on the cheap as a fun build but fun cost money fuc.............
I would replace that Surpass esc anyway they are Notorious for starting on fire.

I must have done something wrong ... I ran with that combination, pinion 18T, and after 5 minutes the esc was smoking ...
sounds like you had under geared and esc didnt stop delivering power to the motor because its trying to get upto speed or faulty ESC just my opinion proberly wrong LOL

I've been researching, the price difference for the max10 vs the max6 might as well spend $20 more and get the max6
Max10 SCT is like $90 https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbyw...ZOG4xEs0fRuty_XVAX_GFncIhq6yvSTUaAvu7EALw_wcB

The Max6 is $160 nearly twice the price. https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbyw...8C6OjRk9lnmF5y8ejMsvuhBuxBNGaEl0aAuZDEALw_wcB

Did you mean Max8? The Max6 is only $30 more than that https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbyw...AcXSYDQaY6LcXzoatCbLj8CiRWv9jidkaApZ7EALw_wcB

Lol, yes max 8 not sure why I even said the 10, I'm not even looking at that esc for anything I have.

I still think I'll get the max6 over the 8. So far I've been seeing them at a $20 difference, at $30 I might consider the max8 over the max6, I'm not looks to run it in a speed truck

So I end up picking up a max6 rtr esc with program card for around $135 usd, let be honest I'll probably use the program card once then let it collect dust.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back