California Peninsula (bay Area) Bashing spot list

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stygian

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
Been searching High and Low for spots to bash, and it seems hard to pin point them. I'm newly back into the RC world so I may not know where(if at all) the list exists already. If it doesn't lets build it! Anyway here are some I know about.

Shell dunes (BMX trails.) in Foster City
https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/shells-dirt-jumps-foster-city
The place is near the bay and definitely has salt in the dirt which is mostly pulverized shells, hence the name lol.

Carlmont MTB Trails (unofficial name) These trails are right behind Carlmont High-school, Trails sprawl all around there and its good fun and mild hiking.
Straight east of Hidden Canyon park.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/H...7f24c0202cd4d!8m2!3d37.5034277!4d-122.2987105

Calabasas Bmx Park.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...16175af2b0d61!8m2!3d37.3022425!4d-122.0247816

I'd love to keep updating this as we build the list, maybe make it prettier to read? Thanks and please if you know of more in the greater bay area post it in here I'll try to update it all in! Thanks all!

Thread type
RC Track or Bash Spot
I'm from the San Jose area. I've also been searching, the problem with BMX tracks as you know is the kids. I'm not comfortable using a 6s rig along with riders. I was going to try one very early in the morning. I've bashed at the tail end of Stevens Creek dam. I'm also looking for oversized parking areas for my Felony. I see you also have a Felony, might need to track down some large areas, maybe industrial.

I'm from the San Jose area. I've also been searching, the problem with BMX tracks as you know is the kids. I'm not comfortable using a 6s rig along with riders. I was going to try one very early in the morning. I've bashed at the tail end of Stevens Creek dam. I'm also looking for oversized parking areas for my Felony. I see you also have a Felony, might need to track down some large areas, maybe industrial.
If you're on Facebook check out the bay area rc bashes page, a lot of cool people on there.

What's the place near Steven's creek dam? I've looked around there at a few of the parks parking lots but too much poison oak for me ?

As for parking lots for the felony, I've been going to San Mateo College for my lots, though it rips up tires, but that could just be my driving, about 2.5 packs per set. The bashers page goes to mission college for their road meet ups.

There's a big 'extreme sports' complex near Raging waters that a few people have gone too but I personally haven't been too. Have to go super early is my understanding.

There is a spot in foster city on radio road, near the shore dogs, dog park that's alright, I've been having a ball taking my felony out there in the dirt like a huge rally car.

If you're on Facebook check out the bay area rc bashes page, a lot of cool people on there.

What's the place near Steven's creek dam? I've looked around there at a few of the parks parking lots but too much poison oak for me ?

As for parking lots for the felony, I've been going to San Mateo College for my lots, though it rips up tires, but that could just be my driving, about 2.5 packs per set. The bashers page goes to mission college for their road meet ups.

There's a big 'extreme sports' complex near Raging waters that a few people have gone too but I personally haven't been too. Have to go super early is my understanding.

There is a spot in foster city on radio road, near the shore dogs, dog park that's alright, I've been having a ball taking my felony out there in the dirt like a huge rally car.
Since I'm in the south bay I need to look for places down here. I worked in Foster City for over 4 years and the commute was killing me so I relocated to a job closer to my residence.

RE: Stevens Creek dam
I go to the area above the dam where there is open space. It became a little over grown but is very easy to get to the location from the turnout.

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 11.58.57 AM.png

Since I'm in the south bay I need to look for places down here. I worked in Foster City for over 4 years and the commute was killing me so I relocated to a job closer to my residence.

RE: Stevens Creek dam
I go to the area above the dam where there is open space. It became a little over grown but is very easy to get to the location from the turnout.

View attachment 108725
I hear ya on the commute, I ended up Ridin' my motorcycle to deal with the traffic and have a tad of fun on the way :p

Is it that whole bend in the 'river'/reservoir?

I've owned 20+ motorcycles over the years and commuted a couple of times.

The backside is a huge open area with a very small creek running through. If the grass is not in the way the area is perfect for bashing. I brought my own ramp since there are not many natural jumps.

I'm out in the east bay, just south of Oakland.

At the San leandro marina there are many locations you can rip through the parking lot, well maintained grass, dirt paths, and even rocky sections for those crawlers. I often even setup a mini shortcourse with my cornhole boards converted into ramps.

A little north of here there is a manucipal lot at the end of grant ave in San Lorenzo. Access directly from the parking lot for the hayward shoreline trail. I've drove my rc trucks here even when the manucipal guys were working. They didn't care.

Another decent little spot is Martin Luther king park right past the Oakland Airport. There is a large picnic area that is closed down due to covid right now. Really light gravel and deck area you can ramp off of.

Hey buddy I'm downtown San Jose as well new to the area Calabasas itself there's alot of problems with BMX riders an rc cars trying to start fights yelling at people to get there toys off the track it sucks so I'm looking for a great open spot as well thanks.

There is a BMX Bike Park in Belmont that has an actual RC Track off in one spot along with a section for jumps next to it.

You get to it by parking at the dead end on Village Drive in Belmont. I’m new to RC and I was so thrilled when I discovered this location. It’s listed on the spots of that RC Facebook page mentioned above.

Last edited:
There is a BMX Park in Belmont that has an actual RC Track off in one spot along with a section for jumps next to it.
There is a BMX Bike Park in Belmont that has an actual RC Track off in one spot along with a section for jumps next to it. You get to it by parking at the dead end on Village Drive in Belmont. I’m new to RC and I was so thrilled when I discovered this location. It’s listed on the spots of that RC Facebook page mentioned above.
Can you tell me the name of the BMX park in belmont thanks buddy.

Sorry for my weird post my iPad kept glitching. I edited it.

I think it’s actually called “Belmont Bike Park.” This is the location of the Pin I have dropped on my map for it. This is right at the RC Track.

Dropped pin
https://goo.gl/maps/fVvFKmTVyPRHndhL7

Shoreline Park at the kite flying area looked real good but I was told to go away. 😭

IMG_0312.jpeg

Shoreline Ampitheater nearby has a huge parking lot. It’s usually empty on weekends when there is no event.

I will check out the Belmont track soon thanks!

This is a cool spot from what Razor RC posts. Check it out. (
).I Live in SF and am really looking for good spots. I could tell this is belmont, right by Clarmont High. There are also very good MTB trails there too, if you ride. I do. Hit me up if you wannt bash or shred.

Back