Senton Perfect afternoon with Senton 3s BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve B in Vegas

+11mm Kyosho Hubs on the Mojave.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
  2. Senton 3s
Enjoyed a warm afternoon with my son Alex at the park near his school. We decided homework can wait and enjoyed a little power-drifting session in the short, dry grass. He has a knack for driving this truck, and it's quite a kick to see him figure out the steering and throttle control. Will try to get a video next time of his driving.

s
IMG_20200206_155728_718.jpg

Always the best driving with the little ones.

btw did you try lowering the body post a notch? it will handle a bit better and I think It looks much better
Not yet. I'm slowly working through mods to the truck so I can best understand if there is a gain or loss in performance. It's also just a fun process for me to take it slow and figure this thing out.

Here are a few photos as of it's setup today. Besides the wheels and tires, I've installed Pro Line shocks, RPM front A-Arms ( rears install this weekend, and a t-bone rear bumper.

20200210_111025.jpg
20200210_111120.jpg
20200210_110956.jpg

Last edited:
any videos?? I'm torn to get this one or the Typhon 3S to add to the fleet - just the little one ripping it or whats you poison? thats pretty much what I got in mind when my one gets directions right ...

reviving a old topic here. I've just bought my son the same truck and I struggle to get it to turn the corner with out falling over. Even if we let off it just takes a tumble..
Did the shocks help much ?

Could be leaking oil in your shocks, on top of also having those super-light dboot tires. You might just make sure that the shocks have resistance when you press on the body posts, they should be able to take at the very least 5-8 pounds of weight before the chassis touches the surface

reviving a old topic here. I've just bought my son the same truck and I struggle to get it to turn the corner with out falling over. Even if we let off it just takes a tumble..
What surface are you running on? Grass can grab on and cause tumbles, even when you're going slowly.

Greetings,

Fooling with the suspension will help, but in this photo I'm running the Pro Line BFG tires. These have half the grip of the deboots, and allows the truck to slide more than flip. Also, make sure your ride height is not too tall.

Also, I'm running Pro Line shocks on the truck, and I think 30 weight oil. The Senton took some time to dial in, and I eventually went with GPM shock towers to get the shocks as upright as possible. This will reduce the cornering grip but create a smoother ride. My Senton is now set up for high-speed grass and dirt track runs, not so much for jumps or bashing.

Let us know if this helps. I can post a photo of the body off the Senton so you can see the setup if you like.

s

Greetings,

Fooling with the suspension will help, but in this photo I'm running the Pro Line BFG tires. These have half the grip of the deboots, and allows the truck to slide more than flip. Also, make sure your ride height is not too tall.

Also, I'm running Pro Line shocks on the truck, and I think 30 weight oil. The Senton took some time to dial in, and I eventually went with GPM shock towers to get the shocks as upright as possible. This will reduce the cornering grip but create a smoother ride. My Senton is now set up for high-speed grass and dirt track runs, not so much for jumps or bashing.

Let us know if this helps. I can post a photo of the body off the Senton so you can see the setup if you like.

s
So currently its completly stock other than ichanged all 4 tyres and wheels as my stock ones blew on the first outing out.. I popped on some short course blocks on black chrome wheels. suspension is completly stock running the thin spacers... Ive not even checked the shock oil etc as of yet

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back