Perfect Pass by Raz

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you look down on my use of steering dual rate to minimize travel during a pass? It’s really the same thing.
Of course not! You're still making steering inputs. I would say using a gyro or tech that would steer itself is a more apt comparison. I just don't want the speed run hobby to become so based in the car setup and not the driver skill that it becomes all about $$. This equalizes throttle control so, if you can steer and dial in suspension, all you have to do is drop a lot of cash for a Neu or a Cordova, an XLX2 and some top-of-the-line batteries and you're off to the races. Can you understand where I'm coming from?

Autonomous hands free driving is one thing, I have no problem with driver assisting features that increase thing like drivability, controllability, efficiency, performance, intuitive response,...
I take great joy out of fpv drone flying and i can instantly tell if the same drone is flying with old betaflight software or patched up with all new filters. Pilot input and sensory data are filtered, interpreted and the output to the esc manipulated to make the drone behave so much better. I am certain putting some intelligence into a RC car can make this hobby more fun and accessible. A STM32F7 in a car could offer so much more than a perfect pass feature.

I'm a little surprised that it's not a standard programmable feature in a TX, should be easily doable.
That was my point too. You can do ESC and RX expos but maybe not to the degree needed for a full speed pass. This device just does the same thing in a more controlled and predictable way. It is punch/expo 2.0.

For me once my cars are set up properly for speed runs, learn and understand gearing etc etc, the biggest challenge is getting smooth throttle input and try not to let lipo sag too hard/early.
I feel this is the biggest challenge in speedrunning to get good numbers , bar none.

This gadget will totally by pass this.

For me, although my biggest hurdle right now is my lipo sagging , but if i was to use this gadget i feel like i cheated myself .
Thats just my thoughts tho. i want to earn that mph.

i run with a guy that has ordered the perfect pass. i usually get a few mph more when we out running but he take over now which is fine.
i know when i got 118mph on 4s it was a great achievement, all the hard work and 4.am runs paid off. It was all me. My goal is 125mph on 4s in typhon, I maybe can get this a lot easier using the perfect pass but I feel the achievement just wouldn’t be the same.

That older speedrun video Raz made, he says a 'newb' could run his set up on his car and a 'pro' could run exact same set up and there could be 20mph difference due to skill /experience . That mph is earned.

It will be interesting at rossa uk next year, seems like most regular runners there are not going to use them but a lot of the new guys are choosing to them.

Last edited:
I’m honestly starting to liken it to an automatic transmission with launch control in a real car than a bypass of skill, even though that’s how I started out feeling about it. At the end of the day I’m all about more speed, and since people are having great success with them I’ll probably jump on board :)

I’m honestly starting to liken it to an automatic transmission with launch control in a real car than a bypass of skill, even though that’s how I started out feeling about it. At the end of the day I’m all about more speed, and since people are having great success with them I’ll probably jump on board :)
Yes i think they will be very popular.
Instant mph increase .

Use throttle or launch curve if your radio has that function. If you run the XLX you can also set the torque and throttle curve as desired. A few runs using either or both of those gives you the run data and ability to tweak using accurate figures rather than an blank potentiometer.

I think any product, that helps make the hobby more enjoyable for the end user, is a good thing. It never hurts to have options, whether we choose to use them or not, is entirely up to each of us.

May dig out the Pixhawk and load the rover software just for a laugh. What’s the worst that could happen...?!?!?
Hi, this is going to sound crazy. But I converted my Arrma Granite into a Lawnmower.
By cutting it in half and putting blades in the middle, swapping out the motors with crawler motors.
Here are some pictures.
It controlls and runs fine etc.
But I want to add some automation or make a custom controler.
So I was thinking of getting a Pixhawk and connecting it up to the car.
I have no idea about Pixhawk or how it works etc etc or whatever else I could need.
Can I ask that you give me some advice or I could talk to you about it?

PXL_20201231_183756793 (1).jpg

But I want to add some automation or make a custom controler.
So I was thinking of getting a Pixhawk and connecting it up to the car.
I have no idea about Pixhawk or how it works etc etc or whatever else I could need.
Can I ask that you give me some advice or I could talk to you about it?
I am not familiar with Pixhawk specifically. Yet plenty of youtube tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYsWjANuAm4qJ8Lko-3xiYNGb2Hh22rDw

I am thinking of hijacking a cheap/broken vacuum/mower bot myself to use for my weedwacker tank.
1615501679382.png

Having it run on gps is one thing, having it avoid trees, dogs, ect is an other... Your lawnmower looks a lot safer than mine though ;)

Keep in mind that GPS is only accurate to ~40ft i.e. GPS alone just gets you into your yard, at best.
You will need something with geofencing and additional sensors.

Correct, they contain inertial measurements sensors i.e. gyro and accels to get to that accuracy level.They only use GPS to get you into the ballpark. Probably more involved with some SW tricks, known maps etc. but GPS alone won't do it.

I am not familiar with Pixhawk specifically. Yet plenty of youtube tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYsWjANuAm4qJ8Lko-3xiYNGb2Hh22rDw

I am thinking of hijacking a cheap/broken vacuum/mower bot myself to use for my weedwacker tank.
View attachment 131504
Having it run on gps is one thing, having it avoid trees, dogs, ect is an other... Your lawnmower looks a lot safer than mine though ;)
I initially just added a weedwacker to the front of the Arrma granite here.
there was 2 HUGE issues.
1. the front servo was not powerfull enough to turn the car with the large motor on the front.
tough this could have been fixed with a 65KG servo.
2. the weed wacker line cuts uneven and breaks frequently.
So it was not possible to cut the grass for more than 5 minutes and it never cut it smooth.
Which is why I gave up that approach and just put a blade in the middle.

20200925_075909-COLLAGE.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back