Perfect pass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnytoofast

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
Hay everyone.
So I have had an accident and lost my throttle finger and have since been trying to train my brain to use a different finger and not having a lot of luck with acceleration. I was hoping to get your guys opinion on raz's perfect pass module. Does anyone on here have any experience with it before I drop more money? Thank in advance.

I don't own perfect pass. But his last YouTube video or 2. He explained exactly how it works. Very interesting technology. I do own other Raz products and love them CF kits. Sorry to hear about your accident, I see this PP as only helping.

From what I hear if you calibrate the car correctly (requires a special procedure) it works ok.
It isn't very precise in that you don't know what you are going to get when you adjust the pot screw.

If you have the budget for it and don't mind switching radio equipment the FlySky Noble NB4 has a throttle control feature like this. The difference is that it is highly precise and you know exactly what you are adjusting to.
The one catch with this radio is that it will absolutely need a signal booster if you are running over 100 mph.

Lots more on it here: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/radio-for-speedruns-and-noble-nb4-discussions.33883/

I don't own perfect pass. But his last YouTube video or 2. He explained exactly how it works. Very interesting technology. I do own other Raz products and love them CF kits. Sorry to hear about your accident, I see this PP as only helping.
Well I guess for 50 bucks it's worth snagging up. If it don't work I may have to get rid of the hobby all together and I'm not ok with that. Or maybe a duel stick tx is gonna be my last option. Thanks for the input.

I own a perfect pass and the noble NB4. I ordered the PP just before flyky did the update and then never used it. Having to input the delay on a potmeter of PP is not as convienent as doing it on your radio.

I do wonder for what application you want to use it? I think it will only benefit from it if you indeed just wanna speedrun (long nice an linear acceleration, and drive crap in any other situation) For street bashing or other application it's not gonna be a benefit. Adjusting the throttle curve to match your lesser trigger finger, or remapping the throttle input to some sort of footpaddle might be better all-round alternatives imho

I own a perfect pass and the noble NB4. I ordered the PP just before flyky did the update and then never used it. Having to input the delay on a potmeter of PP is not as convienent as doing it on your radio.

I do wonder for what application you want to use it? I think it will only benefit from it if you indeed just wanna speedrun (long nice an linear acceleration, and drive crap in any other situation) For street bashing or other application it's not gonna be a benefit. Adjusting the throttle curve to match your lesser trigger finger, or remapping the throttle input to some sort of footpaddle might be better all-round alternatives imho
It's just for speed runs and trying to use a different finger I keep seeming to "jump" on the throttle and puting my limitless into a feild or something. Trying to train my brain for a different finger is getting expensive.

An other argument for the NB4 (sounding like such a fanboy here, but maybe i am)
Its ambidextrous. It's certainly easier to train left-hand throttle finger, at least it would be for me.

If it's indeed just for keeping it on the road during speedruns, PP should be fine. But keep in mind you can't turn it off easily. Turning with throttle delay is a hell, likely worse when you have to use a different finger on the throttle...

Yes I am biased I like Raz.
. I don't do speed runs.

I gave mine away since I purchased the NB4 with the CH Speed feature. I didn't like that you had to keep recalibrating the ESC every time you adjusted your PP dial. This is going to sound odd, but I trust a digital device more than one with an analog dial. It is much easier to track data and repeat the process.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back