Perfect weather for cleaning your rc car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes but water like to stay on the hex screw hole and on the hinge pin. Ur fan or whatever liquid wont reach those areas
I don't have an air compressor but the leaf Blower works a charm. Even a can of compressed air or wd40 if your can stand the smell.

I don't have an air compressor but the leaf Blower works a charm. Even a can of compressed air or wd40 if your can stand the smell.
I used an air drier and it died so leaf blower inside the garage is a big no for my father. I used a big box to catch all the water and throw it all best i could even that made him not happy. Bringing salt and rocks isnt fun

I used an air drier and it died so leaf blower inside the garage is a big no for my father. I used a big box to catch all the water and throw it all best i could even that made him not happy. Bringing salt and rocks isnt fun
Thats a bummer…..i say get him a typhon or something so he’s more inclined to let the play happen 😃

Air compressor with blowgun or air blower like this will remove water from screw heads and around hinge pins. You won't get it all but it's unlikely anything will rust enough to cause functional issues.

Avoid running anywhere salt is used to melt ice, as salt will greatly worsen corrosion issues.

Thats a bummer…..i say get him a typhon or something so he’s more inclined to let the play happen 😃
Huh no chance he is 65 or so
Air compressor with blowgun or air blower like this will remove water from screw heads and around hinge pins. You won't get it all but it's unlikely anything will rust enough to cause functional issues.

Avoid running anywhere salt is used to melt ice, as salt will greatly worsen corrosion issues.
Was thinking getting a sonic cleaner but wasnt able to find a reliable one. I hate cleaning stuff by hand so much

Huh no chance he is 65 or so
How about a bottle of whiskey then?? Lol what I’m saying is grease the palms a little ;) my son started putting his over the heat register in the floors. I’m sorry you don't get to run for a whole season!

Thats awesome you leave a basket of goodies for the delivery guys! My friend does that and i felt it was the most thoughtful thing. I havnt tried the actual foot warmer pads yet, usually just drop a couple of the and ones into the toes and its good enough for me….a good pair of boots goes a long way in the cold.
Yeah, this summer I got an electric cooler and left plugged in on the porch. We stock it with candy bars, little Pringle cans, water, Gatorade, red bull, soda, chips, etc. We try and rotate it/mix it up. I always try and ask em what they like/prefer. (y)

They love it. The Amazon guy said we are the only ones he has ever seen do it all year long. 😁

We had a FedEx lady write a thank you note on a package once and I think the same one pops by here on their route at times just to grab a snack.
20221112_165729.jpg
20221112_165717.jpg

Yeah, this summer I got an electric cooler and left plugged in on the porch. We stock it with candy bars, little Pringle cans, water, Gatorade, red bull, soda, chips, etc. We try and rotate it/mix it up. I always try and ask em what they like/prefer. (y)

They love it. The Amazon guy said we are the only ones he has ever seen do it all year long. 😁

We had a FedEx lady write a thank you note on a package once and I think the same one pops by here on their route at times just to grab a snack.
View attachment 255916View attachment 255915
You’re a good person. This made me smile thats so cool fo you to do!

You’re a good person. This made me smile thats so cool fo you to do!
Thanks man. I try. It's the little things in life that make a difference, even if only for that moment.

There's so much hate and BS in the world now a days, so I just try to send some good energy/vibes/feelings out there. My only hope is that by doing a nice thing for someone, they will pay it forward and make someone else's day! 🤷‍♂️ :D(y)😁✌️

Thanks man. I try. It's the little things in life that make a difference, even if only for that moment.

There's so much hate and BS in the world now a days, so I just try to send some good energy/vibes/feelings out there. My only hope is that by doing a nice thing for someone, they will pay it forward and make someone else's day! 🤷‍♂️ :D(y)😁✌️
The world could use more like that for sure. kind gestures always stick out, and can can make a bigger difference for someone else’s day than sometimes you could imagine.

Yes but water like to stay on the hex screw hole and on the hinge pin. Ur fan or whatever liquid wont reach those areas
Its quite hard to control silicone spray bottles. No matter how much i dried i still ended up with some rust on a lot of places silicone spray is good for half a run so you have to apply before and after on every single screw head some that you just cannot reach. On the outdrives and between the arms and thats where rust going to happen no matter what
+1
No matter what, hardware will rust. Immediately once in contact with water, BB's as well. Even SS BB's get grinded up with water ingress. IMHO. Tried it all years ago.
The rig goes to crap too much sooner for my liking. Time and cost to maintain water run rigs is much more intensive.
My Crawlers are like my sacrificial RC's. Because although going in the wet is brutal it is still fun. Crawler chassis' shed water more easily as well. They drive very slow, so there is less water sling. Fast Arrma rigs collect all the snow, mud, and water. Pools up on the chassis.
My Arrma Bashers I treat much better for good reasons.
Because basher BLX Electrics always go to crap especially my my $ESC's$ and motors. They are not Trully WP like they say. And Fans getting wet will always fail.
My Crawlers only run very inexpensive Brushed ESC's and motors. So if I get a year or 2 out of them it was worth the wet fun.
We all RC differently. If it's wet out, enjoy the moment if you want. It's about having fun anyway.
Just don't complain when your rig's ESC/motor, Screws rusted out and stripped, BB's etc, goes to crap often because you run in the wet stuff. That is the tradeoff.
Govern yourself accordingly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back