Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Permanently fix ballstud to rear Hub Carrier

Discussion in 'Vorteks' started by SSSF, May 19, 2018.

1. SSSF

SSSF Active Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury, Vorteks
    I have bought many new rear hub carriers because the ball stud just got pulled out of it.
    I even bought the upgraded aluminum version to solve this problem (that indeed works).

Since I have multiple cars (vortex and raider) I never bought aluminum for all.
    Today I had to swap out my gearbox with a new one (due to ball bearing failure that trashed all internals in 10 seconds). Then I found that the ball stud connected to the gearbox is 3mm longer compared to the one on the hub carrier, see image:

upload_2018-5-19_20-17-39.png

If you use this longer ball stud in the hub carrier you can screw on a m3 nut on the other side, making sure it never gets pulled out any more. See next image:

upload_2018-5-19_20-21-4.png

I should have used washer, but I did not have it lying around.

So just use the longer ball stud (AR330009) in stead of the original AR330171.

This mod will work on: Vortex, Granite, Raider and Fury

2. ThatDrewGuy

ThatDrewGuy Premium Member!
    Premium Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite, Talion, Typhon
    Nice! That's solid thinking right there!:D

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer