Perpetual Backorder.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PPS-RC

Very Active Member
Vendor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Nero
Ok, so here's the deal. I have a fantastic problem, but a problem nonetheless. I am having an obviously hard time keeping things in stock.
It may seem like I am always out of stock, but in reality I am filling orders in a reasonably timely manner. I am making parts constantly, and shipping as soon as I can fill the order. The problem is, I cannot over run my parts enough to keep a good inventory. I can only make a few extra before I must start on making a different part to keep the orders flowing. So in-stock is something that is rarely seen for now.

There is a seperate page for backorders, https://practicalproto.com/collections/backorders-and-preorders
If you are jonesing for some PPS parts, placing a backorder is going to be your best avenue to get some ASAP. I do try and keep estimated ship dates up to date and accurate. I'm certain people can vouch for backorders being shipped in a timely manner, and according to my scheduled dates on the product listing. And if there are any extended delays for any reason I do reach out.

So long story short, Don't fear the backorder! If you are waiting to see "In Stock" on every single part you want to order at once, there will be a narrow window of opportunity at random times.

I am working on my processes constantly to improve efficiency. I'm getting close to optimised and I hope to be able to catch up soon!

Anyway, thank you everyone for your continued support!

I ordered these on Sunday

593430B2-D8BF-4937-947E-18C8EF591544.jpeg

You don’t know how timely this delivery was. My V4 mount loosened at 81mph today and I lost the ability to brake. Had to ditch it to stop it. Now I will have a better mount to keep my mesh set. Thanks again for the great products and fast service. ??

Question I've been wondering. Why have the CNC'd "stripes" in the motor mount? Looks? Something I'm missing?

Plan on buying one!

You should take on an apprentice, help ease the workload.

Question I've been wondering. Why have the CNC'd "stripes" in the motor mount? Looks? Something I'm missing?

Plan on buying one!

Mostly aesthetics. It helps my product to be instantly recognizable. It does also increase the surface area at the motor and could promote cooling. It may be minor to negligible but little things can add up.

You should take on an apprentice, help ease the workload.
Yeah that's the next step!

You make a fantastic product I love mine I can definitely see why you would always be out of stock. By the way that case for the mount really tops the cake, just makes the whole thing just a bit more over the top.

Attachments

• 20200615_165408.jpg
    20200615_165408.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 20200615_164318.jpg
    20200615_164318.jpg
    500.5 KB · Views: 50
I really want the motor mount sooooo bad, but the erratic shipping to the UK sucks and I want/need it now.. ( 2-6 weeks shipping time ? )

giphy.gif

@PPS-RC .. I know the shipping isn't your fault, but it sucks still the same..!!
Oh and getting screwed over with customs and tax and vat etc to the UK doesn't help either..?

I do have the bearing holder ? from you that I ordered when you first put them on eBay so I'm half way there..??

I’m so glad my package didn’t have to go thru Detroit. Everything else goes thru Detroit and gets an instant week or two delay.

I really want the motor mount sooooo bad, but the erratic shipping to the UK sucks and I want/need it now.. ( 2-6 weeks shipping time ? )

@PPS-RC .. I know the shipping isn't your fault, but it sucks still the same..!!

I really wanted a castle 2028 and MMX8S for my k8s. I bought it as a roller 5 months ago. Every time I wanted to buy it, I wanted it NOW. And it's always been on backorder. I've missed two restock shipment opportunities. Had I just backordered, I'd have been rippin around for a couple months now.

The longer I wait to place my order, the longer I have to wait to play with it. I wish I would have just backordered it a couple months ago. haha.

But hey, my k8s still looks brand new and isn't broken so that's' a plus! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 86215

Oh and getting screwed over with customs and tax and vat etc to the UK doesn't help either..?

I do have the bearing holder ? from you that I ordered when you first put them on eBay so I'm half way there..??
I feel you, man, I'm facing the same problems (Switzerland).
I ordered my mount towards end of March (prime covid, I know...), package is still in the hands of USPS after 2,5months+ now :sick:

I feel you, man, I'm facing the same problems (Switzerland).
I ordered my mount towards end of March (prime covid, I know...), package is still in the hands of USPS after 2,5months+ now :sick:
Yeah man. I feel horrible that people are waiting that long. You're not alone in your wait, but people ARE getting their orders. It's just a test in patience. I have a few packages I check on daily to make sure they aren't lost, destroyed or headed back to me.

Yeah man. I feel horrible that people are waiting that long. You're not alone in your wait, but people ARE getting their orders. It's just a test in patience. I have a few packages I check on daily to make sure they aren't lost, destroyed or headed back to me.
Not your fault at all unless you were that guy that ate the raw bat ;)
I also have some stuff I bought from ebay that is not moving at all, stuck in a USPS facility for 8 weeks+.

At least the joy of finally receiving the package will be enormous :D

Not your fault at all unless you were that guy that ate the raw bat ;)
I also have some stuff I bought from ebay that is not moving at all, stuck in a USPS facility for 8 weeks+.

At least the joy of finally receiving the package will be enormous :D
Nah Ozzie is from the UK. You would have already received it by now if PPS was owned by a Brit ???

I would even be willing to pay for faster shipping just so I know I'll get it..!!
Recently I've heard some horror stories about usps and international deliveries..?

What's crazy is I bought my MMX8 from Amain and it was 4 days door to door (USA to UK) using UPS..!!

I would even be willing to pay for faster shipping just so I know I'll get it..!!
Recently I've heard some horror stories about usps and international deliveries..?

What's crazy is I bought my MMX8 from Amain and it was 4 days door to door (USA to UK) using UPS..!!
Wow! I bought a set of silver hoons from them and it took 2 weeks. And a hobbywing program card that was 12 days. Heck I bought a max5 and cancelled the order after it didn't ship for 7 days even though it shown in-stock. At that point I kinda figured I was done ordering through them.

Maybe the 4th time's a charm.

And yeah. I totally understand the need for instant gratification hahah.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back