Fazon Phased out Fazon. A New Granite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEDan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
So they've phased out the 2wd Fazon and claim to have a "New" Granite 2wd.
Has anyone compared the old Granite to the new one?
Any real Differences?
Other than eliminating the "Bad idea" 186?? batteries, I can't see any real reason to call it NEW?
I don't understand why they wouldn't upgrade the outdrives unless they have, kept it a secret, and kept the same part #'s.

Last edited:
No new Granite as far as I know, they did recently offer one in red,/blue body though. They both have the STX2 radio whereas the older model had the Tactic. Talking about the blx.

I think the newer-ish ones have capacitors built in on the brushless versions. I probably don't know what I'm talking about either )

I think the newer-ish ones have capacitors built in on the brushless versions. I probably don't know what I'm talking about either )

You are correct.. the newer version of the blx100 has a ic5 connector and caps in the wires, where as the old version has no caps and a ec5 connector...

You are all talking about the 4x4 Granite, but @NEDan is talking about the 2wd Voltage version.

It seems that it is discontinued.. which is a bummer, I preferred it over the Granite version. They re-released the Granite in 3 color variants, nothing else seems to be changed other the move to NiMH batteries and EC3 instead of T-plug.. Few months ago they did a silent upgrade of the servo saver, they didn't bother calling that version "New".

So before they had 2 Fazon and 2 Granite versions, now they have 3 in total, all Granite..

Anyway I'm bummed about it, 2wd is fun and I hoped they'll come out with a BLX (brushless) version that uses a slipper in place of those outdrives.. you can never know, it can still happen.

You are all talking about the 4x4 Granite, but @NEDan is talking about the 2wd Voltage version.

It seems that it is discontinued.. which is a bummer, I preferred it over the Granite version. They re-released the Granite in 3 color variants, nothing else seems to be changed other the move to NiMH batteries and EC3 instead of T-plug.. Few months ago they did a silent upgrade of the servo saver, they didn't bother calling that version "New".

So before they had 2 Fazon and 2 Granite versions, now they have 3 in total, all Granite..

Anyway I'm bummed about it, 2wd is fun and I hoped they'll come out with a BLX (brushless) version that uses a slipper in place of those outdrives.. you can never know, it can still happen.
I agree the 2wd Fazon body looks really good. I have plenty of trucks. I too hope for a slipper spur design. No blx for me though keeping this the best deal in rc.
I have edited the 1st post for clarification, yes I am talking about 2wd.

They will probably release a new version of the fazon just in different colors , also did anyone else spy the green fazon voltage in the new McDonalds holiday commercial??

They will probably release a new version of the fazon just in different colors , also did anyone else spy the green fazon voltage in the new McDonalds holiday commercial??
Finally saw it!
That's a huge thing for Arrma/Horizon. I wonder if sales are growing as a result?

Finally saw it!
That's a huge thing for Arrma/Horizon. I wonder if sales are growing as a result?
Doubt it, most people don't have an idea what Arrma is, and don't have a idea what the lady is carrying out at end of commercial.

Hopefully they will add a 2020 version of the Fazon voltage, as they did with the Granite. I would really dig a brushless Fazon 2wd, with a slipper and improved outdrives / shocks / few other minor things.

I totally DID notice that, they kind of made out the”star” of that commercial

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back