Limitless Philip jolly 8s cap pack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester194

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
My cap pack came in today, any ideas on where I can mount it to allow body to go on and keep build clean...
IMG_20230119_160205.jpg

Your ESC power leads are close enough to the battery tray, maybe leave it loose while in storage and tuck it under the battery straps while running?

Most people zip-tie the pack along the center brace. Looks like you might have the most room near the front/motor.

@phildogg might have some pictures to help guide you.
They sent me a 8s pack and I ordered a 6s also
I'm not sure if the 6 s pack is a lot smaller or not and haven't gotten a reply from company as far as why I received an 8 instead of a 6
I was also wondering how close to esc to solder it in, I thought it was supposed to be as close to esc as possible but not 100 percent positive

I don't know what makes it a 6-pack or 8-pack but looks to be 6 capacitors inside that one. Seems like that might be a 6 pack?
From memory, I think they all can handle 8s voltage levels it just the capacitance that is different.

Maybe mounted something like this. You would ideally solder into the wire between the esc output and the bullets you have to your series harness. This way its wired closer to the ESC than the batteries.

1674163424731.png

It seems like you could also stand the battery on its side near the ESC and fit the cap pack in the battery tray as an alternative option.

As an FYI those Zeee LiPos are pretty weak for speed use. They are fine for bashing if that is what you are doing.

I'm just screwing around with this thing no speed runs yet anyways, the only reason I know it's an 8s pack is cause it's got a label on pack with 8s stamped on it ..
I'm just screwing around with this thing no speed runs yet anyways, the only reason I know it's an 8s pack is cause it's got a label on pack with 8s stamped on it ..
If it won't hurt anything I'll probably just do this...
IMG_20230119_164239.jpg

Last edited:
And now the most important question of the day, do I even need to put a cap pack on

I'm not sure if the 6 s pack is a lot smaller or not and haven't gotten a reply from company as far as why I received an 8 instead of a 6
I was also wondering how close to esc to solder it in, I thought it was supposed to be as close to esc as possible but not 100 percent positive
I was told by a LHS that the Ripple Killers aren't locked into being close to the ESC leads. You have a lot of "wiggle room" with where it's placed. I've seen people actually put bullets on both ends so they can remove the cap pack and put it in other cars. Only the Castle cap packs have to be placed close to the ESC leads according to the packaging. The Ripple Killers are excellent BTW....good stuff and very effective. They are kinda large and hard to place but at least you can move them around a bit.

What should I check for as far as performance loss from being this distance, it's about 4 inches from esc

What should I check for as far as performance loss from being this distance, it's about 4 inches from esc
That looks to be longer than 4" as the cap pack comes with 4.5" wires . Ripple may not be as low as it should be.

My bad, excactly distance with tape measure is 5 1/4 inches , I guesstimated with a ruler not a tape... I'm going to be running 6s and have castle b-link installed I will look at data log once I actually take it out but have no idea what I'm looking at....
I probably will never push this thing hard as I live in CT and our roads are all horrible, I mainly just built it for messing around with I front of my house

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back