Phone mount on remote

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutch

Mom always said "Drive like a Maniac"
Premium Member
Military Veteran
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Granite Grom
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
  9. Typhon 6s
Cheap dollar store selfie stick holder mounted on remote with rubber bands, I see some guys video that way. Seems pretty stable, well see how it works.
phone mount.png

Cheap dollar store selfie stick holder mounted on remote with rubber bands, I see some guys video that way. Seems pretty stable, well see how it works.View attachment 53924

I've used this format for a while now. Makes it pretty easy to see the screen too., I'm only using the phone for Instagram clips now, as I have the GoPro mounted on my cap for full video takes. Nice thing about my setup, is that I can move it between remotes easily with a new tie wrap. Being mounted on top also allows me a clean view of the screen so I can keep the truck in the frame better. Your idea is very good, but I thought I'd throw this out there in case it isn't as good as you thought. These windshield mounts can be bought really cheap online or in local automotive stores.
20190303_144435.jpg

@Notorious J Nice idea but I don't think that would work on either of my remotes. Nice to see people trying new things and thinking out of the box.

remotetops.png

Just an FYI that may be handy to keep in the grey matter filing cabinet; all the camera/phone holders that screw onto tripods or other mounts have standardized with 1/4 20 hardware.

If you fix a "something" to your transmitter that has the 1/4 20 nut you can mount and remove any cell phone holder that comes with the screw on base.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back