Infraction Picked up a “used” infraction today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsantoli

Reaction score
This thing is awesome even with the slower pinion! Facebook marketplace score today. Had to drive 2 hours total but I think it was a great deal and came with 2 batteries.

90E5F91D-68BC-4CB5-9312-1883AEFA1942.jpeg

Now I need to learn how to set my dx5c to control the hand brake. Can’t find much online.

Yeah I got a deal I think. I was going to convert my limitless but this deal came up and I love the color scheme

This thing is awesome even with the slower pinion! Facebook marketplace score today. Had to drive 2 hours total but I think it was a great deal and came with 2 batteries.

View attachment 110217
Now I need to learn how to set my dx5c to control the hand brake. Can’t find much online.
There are a few good DX5C videos out there if you are lucky to find it. You have to "assign" a 3rd channel switch not being used of your choice. Probably a switch that can be toggled one handed when going for the Hand Brake. But thats up to how you will want to drive it and Hand brake it. Its not really hard to do. But a learning curve nonetheless. Play with your channel assignment screen. By default most unused available switches are "inhibited" by default. Just make sure to plug the Hand brake servo into channel 3 at the Rx and set the radio to "assign" /enable Ch. 3. Set to On/OFF type of toggling. Good luck. {You can also set endpoints on Channel 3 as needed for proper Hand brake servo force.} If you wanted to get real fancy, you can even do a" mixing" of the Hand brake on channel 3 with the standard ESC brake on Ch 2. Can be done. Much more elaborate however. But the DX5C can do that too.

Last edited:
Im not sure how familar you are with your DX5C. But I found that navigating it through all the screens and trial and error will help. The manual is is a bit short. And only gives the basics and just touches upon most of its features briefly. But the Radio itself becomes more and more intuitive once you scroll through all the screens, settings and try them. Had my DX5C for 3 years now. But it was daunting out the box for me also.

Just make sure that you NEVER use the handbrake while you are on the throttle, instant death of the center diff.
Assign to any switch that is easy to reach, I have it on 'E', F is easy to reach as well.
Agreed, play around with it. Took me a bit to figure it out.
--
Spoiler below:
Aux Assign>
Channel Aux 3
Input 'E'
Mode 3-pos
Cyclic:Inhibit
Momentary: Active

^^^ Funny because I seen several videos of guys setting up to drag or speed run. They pull the trigger with the HBrk on. Like they are "Line Locking" a scale Front wheel drive Drag car.:LOL: It will smoke the diff for sure. Yeah the manual says to not do that. So it takes coordination to avoid that. Personally, I am not a fan of that Hand brake. don't have it on the V1 Infr. It actually turns me off if I was buying the new V2 Infr. Honestly, I would remove it if it were me and toss it in my bin. Would not use it. Too much crap near the diff. Seems like a gimmick. But hey its a novelty for some. Just me.
I have thought of Mixing the Handbrake with the ESC Elec. brake. Makes more sense. Then its not really a handbrake but an auxillary brake assist. That might reduce ESC temps when trigger braking. One advantage.

Last edited:
I was hitting a straightaway and just tapped the hand brake and spun the ass end around then back on throttle. It’s fun for parking lots but maybe because it’s new also

You’ll have to adjust the travel as well when you assign the handbrake on the DX5

not at home right now so I can’t remember the settings. You can also adjust the limit so there isn’t a death grip on the disc and so you don’t spin the car automatically when you apply the handbrake.

Honestly, in the ~ 30 packs I might have used that handbrake ~ 10 times just out of curiosity, not really my thing either and easily ignored.
Yeah that's why I would remove the clutter. Just me. And although the Handbrake servo is a small one, Left in place on the Infr, it just consumes BEC overhead at idle as small as it may be! Inefficent to have it or at least plugged into the receiver if not used at all. Just a novelty feature in the beginning. A tad bit of wow factor. Again just me. ?‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back