Notorious Picked up a Notorious today!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IRONWORKER

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Talion
Check this out guys!!! I feel like a kid at Christmas! Absolutely love this little guy.... I’m gonna put some 4s Backflips on it & set it up to run on 3s or possibly even 4s

Will be a great rig for my youngest daughter

852F7B90-E88A-4A1B-A639-8A4A931E7AB5.jpeg

I run my Noto on 3S and 4S also. 4S is better. (But 3S will also work) Much more controllable when space is limited. On 6S it is an outright animal. And will break some parts easier. But thats what RC is about. 4S Backflip Low profile wheels/ tires can be had if you buy wheels and tires separately and glue them yourself. The Premounted ones been on B/O for ever. Low profile tires run nice on the Noto. I mentioned that in the WTB posting. Food for thought if you really want them.
Edit:
Like @arrmadillo said above, need a better radio. Not expensive though. STX2 is somewhat short in quality.
$25 will get you the Current V5 RTR radio. Way better control. Better driver input response. No lag or interference as with the STX2. Food for thought. Many guys do this. Very common to upgrade from the STX2 . The radio should absolutely be your first upgrade. My 3 STX2's sit on my shelf.

https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...pektrum-slt3-ara8608v5?variant=32969298968630

Last edited:
Check this out guys!!! I feel like a kid at Christmas! Absolutely love this little guy.... I’m gonna put some 4s Backflips on it & set it up to run on 3s or possibly even 4s

View attachment 110093
I think it's easy to say why I like it?

Yeah when I destroyed my first OC 6S arrma, I got the Blue Noto 6S as it was just released. (Black was hard to find back then)My then 9 yo son made sure it became his. I couldnt say no, so I stayed with my TeknoMT. Had him on 3S, for a while, then on 4s and then once he tasted 6S ,thats all he wanted. But he drives it almost better than I can. He blows me away. Big air and all now at 11 yo. He hardly breaks it now. Maybe a wing mount here and there. Normal stuff. I seem to always break my Kraton.:LOL:

Yeah when I destroyed my first OC 6S arrma, I got the Blue Noto 6S as it was just released. (Black was hard to find back then)My then 9 yo son made sure it became his. I couldnt say no, so I stayed with my TeknoMT. Had him on 3S, for a while, then on 4s and then once he tasted 6S ,thats all he wanted. But he drives it almost better than I can. He blows me away. Big air and all now at 11 yo. He hardly breaks it now. Maybe a wing mount here and there. Normal stuff. I seem to always break my Kraton.:LOL:
Kids are amazing at how fast they adapt and learn. Old men like me break things over and over again because my short term memory is shot. I run a car the same bad way over and over again and my kid constantly reminds me that I just made that mistake yesterday. Oh well. What were we talking about again?

^^^ Wow. I said the same. They have incredible eye hand coordination. I can explain to him the way to rotate for big air and all. And he just does it right 90% of the time, yet he critiques me when I screw up. "But Dad you are not doing it like you tell me to" And he is always right. I'm just old and brain fart alot with my driving as of late. I just wish he could wrench like me. I try to teach him that. A slower process.

NOooooooo! 3s/4s!!!! 6s all the way and teach her to drive it like she STOLE IT. And once all this Covid crap is done let her take it to school so she can run all the mean boys overo_O

NOooooooo! 3s/4s!!!! 6s all the way and teach her to drive it like she STOLE IT. And once all this Covid crap is done let her take it to school so she can run all the mean boys overo_O
Agreed. I started my boy on 4S but he drives 6S better than I do and breaks it less.

Loving the Notorious!!

View attachment 110093
How come you did not purchase the v5?
Congrats on the new notorious. Send me your name and address and I'll get you some ArrmaForum decals!
Can I have some :)

Stunning looking truck. Just a shame they include the STX2, even with their more expensive trucks.
HH/Arrma is transitioning all their rigs with STX2's to the SLT3's as we speak.
Tip:
If you just purchased a rig with that STX2, call HH and politely ask for an SLT3. That's all. Cant hurt to ask. They probably wont even ask why. They already acknowledged well known issues with it. There is no fix for it or repair for it. It was just a defective design massed produced in all of them. If you are new to RC and the STX2 is your first radio, you may not notice how bad it is for a while until you get wheel experience and find your self losing control thinking much of it is user error. I think the STX2 is actually dangerous especially in heavy 6S rigs. From my experience with many other radio's. Even my 11 yo son points out issues with it. I let him evaluate it without saying a word about. He was saw what saw about it. It's just my opinion.:cool:
Got this one on close out
Absolutely nothing wrong with a close out deal on this Noto. (y)Wise choice. I would have done the same. An included RTR Radio becomes secondary to a great rig once you have experience with RC. The Radio is just an ancillary item. The real investment is in The Notorious itself.
Just picked up some 4s Backflips... $70 shipped for a set of 4

View attachment 110112
@IRONWORKER, Great find, Premounts. Thanx dude. I'm on it right now. Hope there's some left. I gave up on the premounts... only saw the separate wheels and tires recently.

Edit: @IRONWORKER, I Ordered 2 pairs. Thanks again seriously. There are 3 pairs left whoever wants them. BTW HH might have them after Dec17th. So it says. I know they cant keep these tires in stock. They just come and go quick. I'm going to add a nice bead of IC-2000 CA around all the bead areas, vent the tires, tape off the wheel vents before I run them. Just my regimen. And maybe even balance them.

Last edited:
Hi SrC. Yep the STX2 is my first radio but I've already noticed how erratic things get once it gets to the edge of its range (which isn't very far!)

I'm now using an Absima CR3P which is much better ?

^^^Developing feel for a radio's response and erratic behavior comes with a good amount of wheel time. I point that out to new Rc'ers, so they don't get frustrated while learning driving techniques. A learning curve for some new guys. Yeah that Abisma is a nicer radio. By Leaps and bounds.(y) :cool:
A radio needs to feel dead on connected with fast responding driver input and not flawed. Or your driving becomes handicapped horribly. Carnage will always happen when bashing due to user error, adding a radio's inadequacies should never be part of that equation.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back