Senton Picked up a Senton 6. First RC truck in a while

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thisguy65

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I say a while and 15 years have gone by in a blink of a eye. I had some
Nitro buggies and track cars when I was 16-17.

I fly RC jets and warbirds mostly but we have 10 acres of flat short grass that Senton just rips on. I’m only using 4s currently and she’s fast enough

Been looking over the manual and maintenance schedule. After every use I blow the chassis and esc fan off with air compressor. Wonder if anyone has made something to stop trash from getting I side the heat sink?

Reviewed the Senton thread about things to double check on. My main concern is the motor pinion backlash and diffs. What fluid/grease is the “top teir” or one to get and weight?

Any other things I might of missed?
Any good upgrades I should consider?

Thanks in advance everyone

Congrats on your Senton! It's a great truck. To keep trash out of your ESC, you can wrap the ESC with some screen material. It's helped mine tons.

You will have to zoom in to see it in the picture. I removed the ESC tray and went underneath it with the screen then bolted everything back down. I used some plastic under the screws to act as a washer to hold the screen across a wider area.

Attachments

• IMG_20190401_185558.jpg
    IMG_20190401_185558.jpg
    498.1 KB · Views: 64
Thank you!
Ah I see

Say what front bumper/ bumper reinforcement plate is that?
Are you running 1 battery? If so what kind?

Those are the t-bone racing Senton bumpers. I have their thrasher bumpers on my kraton, they are great. I had lots of problems with these particular bumpers. They just don't hold up like their other products. It's a weird design. I don't run them anymore.

Those are the t-bone racing Senton bumpers. I have their thrasher bumpers on my kraton, they are great. I had lots of problems with these particular bumpers. They just don't hold up like their other products. It's a weird design. I don't run them anymore.
Thrasher bumper is the one to use and the rest are not good?

Thrasher bumper is the one to use and the rest are not good?
The stock bumpers on the Senton are not that bad. If I had it to do over again, I'd run the stock rear bumper and the t-bone basher 2 front. https://tboneracing.net/pages/search-results-page?collection=senton

The problems I had were with the two piece design of their other models. The bumper would bend backwards and deform the plastic. Then the bumpers would be too low and start hitting the ground.

The basher 2 front bumper for the Senton bolts with the brace to the bumper in the same way the thrasher bumpers connect on the kraton. On the other models, the brace is not bolted to the bumper.

Excellent, thank you

What about diff fluid?

The stock bumpers on the Senton are not that bad. If I had it to do over again, I'd run the stock rear bumper and the t-bone basher 2 front. https://tboneracing.net/pages/search-results-page?collection=senton

The problems I had were with the two piece design of their other models. The bumper would bend backwards and deform the plastic. Then the bumpers would be too low and start hitting the ground.

The basher 2 front bumper for the Senton bolts with the brace to the bumper in the same way the thrasher bumpers connect on the kraton. On the other models, the brace is not bolted to the bumper.

Excellent, thank you

What about diff fluid?
You're welcome.

For the diff oil, that depends on what you looking for. I run mine on a track at my house. It's loose dirt and bumpy. Thinner oils do better for me. I'm running 7k front, 9k center and 5k rear. I went up to 25 in the center but that caused too much much loose rear end and wheelie action so I went back to a lower weight oil. Been happy with this setup.

You're welcome.

For the diff oil, that depends on what you looking for. I run mine on a track at my house. It's loose dirt and bumpy. Thinner oils do better for me. I'm running 7k front, 9k center and 5k rear. I went up to 25 in the center but that caused too much much loose rear end and wheelie action so I went back to a lower weight oil. Been happy with this setup.

I’ll just be in short grass 95% of the time. Do you have a recommendation or know what comes stock?

I’ll just be in short grass 95% of the time. Do you have a recommendation or know what comes stock?
Stock is 7f/10c/7r. I'd run it stock for a while and then adjust from there. Mine is not much different from stock. I don't see the need to go heavier oils like a lot of folks on here do with their basher trucks. Overall, the trucks handle better with lighter weight oils.

Stock is 7f/10c/7r. I'd run it stock for a while and then adjust from there. Mine is not much different from stock. I don't see the need to go heavier oils like a lot of folks on here do with their basher trucks. Overall, the trucks handle better with lighter weight oils.

7,000 and 10,000 I assume? Prefer diff fluid brand? Just fill it half way, I assume

7,000 and 10,000 I assume? Prefer diff fluid brand? Just fill it half way, I assume
Haha, yeah, the "k" was implied for the oil weights. 7000 is correct. I fill to about 1-2mm from the top. There is a bleeder screw you can open as well. I don't even know which brand I have, it's what my local hobbytown had in stock. It's a blue and red bottle.

Thanks again, I seen in youtube videos where guys just open the the diff up and filly it up that way.

It will make more sense when I get in there.

I say a while and 15 years have gone by in a blink of a eye. I had some
Nitro buggies and track cars when I was 16-17.

I fly RC jets and warbirds mostly but we have 10 acres of flat short grass that Senton just rips on. I’m only using 4s currently and she’s fast enough

Been looking over the manual and maintenance schedule. After every use I blow the chassis and esc fan off with air compressor. Wonder if anyone has made something to stop trash from getting I side the heat sink?

Reviewed the Senton thread about things to double check on. My main concern is the motor pinion backlash and diffs. What fluid/grease is the “top teir” or one to get and weight?

Any other things I might of missed?
Any good upgrades I should consider?

Thanks in advance everyone
Perhaps a radio upgrade?

Perhaps a radio upgrade?
While I'm totally for it, I don't have the need for it yet. Just driving around at home, I'm not racing or anything like that. If it was a plane, sure I can see the need but I may not get fully back in to it. My dad love this truck, so hoping to pick another one up for him or something like it.

While I'm totally for it, I don't have the need for it yet. Just driving around at home, I'm not racing or anything like that. If it was a plane, sure I can see the need but I may not get fully back in to it. My dad love this truck, so hoping to pick another one up for him or something like it.
Cool. My kid is 8yrs old.. Time for him to learn rc..

Having a ton of fun only on 4s.

Got some diff oil that I plan to swap with in the next few batteries.

What are you guys using for grease? Mobile 1 all purpose is what I currently have.

Having a ton of fun only on 4s.

Got some diff oil that I plan to swap with in the next few batteries.

What are you guys using for grease? Mobile 1 all purpose is what I currently have.

Glad your having a good time with the Senton! I was intimated by the idea of rebuilding the differentials at first. It's really simple once you get going. My only advice is to remember to put the bearing on the drive cup before you put it back into the housing. I've forgotten a couple of times, got it all out back together only to have to completely tear it down again to out that bearing in.

For grease I use white lithium for metal on metal contact areas. I use the blue protec grease for shock parts and the use the the team losi grease on the gears. The losi is what horizon hobby sent me under warranty to use on the external differential gears where they mesh with the drive pinions.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back