Kraton Picked up my new 2018 #ARRMA #Kraton BLX 6s Monster Truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@arrmadillo , many thanks for the tip and I totally agree with you since I like doing a lot of launching with my #ARRMA’s, so i placed my order with #VoltageHobby and grabbed the solid aluminum servo mount for my for new 6s #Karton.

Last edited:
So far these are the minor upgrades I will be doing after a few stock runs! Also will be upgrading my bearings:

17mm Aluminum Wheel Hexes Black Nuts & Pins Hex 16.5mm
Upgraded - Red 17mm Aluminum Wheel Hexes Black Nuts & Pins Hex 16.5mm.jpg

New T-Bone Racing Front Bumper:
Upgraded - Tbone racing bumper front.jpg

New Servo Aluminum Mount from Voltage RC:
Upgraded Servo Mount from Voltage Hobbies.png

Skid Plate rear 6061 Aluminum:
Upgraded skid plate rear 6061 Aluminum.png

I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions?

Last edited:
congrast on your new arrma kraton! my next arrma def. is kraton...i like to move forward from plastic...i like my granite blx but time to time is compears 1:8 scale arrma is like a toy...but for now is better to do not think over to much...becouse my wife she will kill me if i buy another one ?‍♂️?

FLSharkvictim Buy the M2C chassis directy from manufactorer. They often offer a 20% discount. Go to their website frequently to look for the discount if you're interested in saving a few bucks.

Like jondilly stated above can't tell if that's a M2C on Ebay. Buy from MFG!
My .02c

FLSharkvictim Buy the M2C chassis directy from manufactorer. They often offer a 20% discount. Go to their website frequently to look for the discount if you're interested in saving a few bucks.

Like jondilly stated above can't tell if that's a M2C on Ebay. Buy from MFG!
My .02c
Are these the ones for the Kraton? They are $135.00 off there website:
m2c3000 ARRMA (GOLIATH SERIES) KRATON, 6S BLX 4 MM CHASSIS
https://www.m2cracing.com/product.sc?productId=937&categoryId=123

Last edited:
Yeah I know, everyone says it's one of the first upgrades you gotta do, BUT... I just used longer screws (chassis to mount) and ditched the rubber grommets and it's been great (it's gonna be flexy if you have rubber between servo and mount!). Haven't seen rubber spacers used except in planes and nitros for throttle anyway.

There is no MUST DO upgrade IMHO. Here's what I did on mine, 20ish packs through it:
- servo - not mandatory but will help keep it pointed where you want - had a couple lying around anyway
- longer front chassis brace screw (original stripped on impact, it's the weakest of the 4 brace screws)
- center diff oil to 100k - ballooning reduced, still handles fine on rough terrain
- bearings - went rubber sealed

A better chassis is something I don't have the extra cash for right now, but probably a good idea since stock is pretty soft - it *will* bend but can be straightened relatively easy. In the meantime I'll probably get some Al braces. Tires pretty much suck but powersliding is fun and traction rolling is not, so there's some good in the bad.

Main thing to do is check everything after each bash for backed out screws, tires coming unglued, bent dogbones or other stuff. It can help prevent a disaster!
Rubber servo grommets are a thing of the past. Perhaps still used on RC Airplanes. That's what they were intended for, when mounting servos to Balsa wood many years ago. Don't know why Arrma still uses them. And to this day they are included with almost every new servo. But never used. They do protect the servo ears and dampen impacts but simply go against you functionally as a type of mount. I've collected so many from the numerous servos I've purchased over the years. I've repurposed these rubber grommets as shock shaft bumpers on my Crawlers.

Last edited:
I just tracked my #KRATON and it will be here tomorrow! I figured if the stock tires area garbage might as well order some good quality tires so i went with a set of ProLine Trenchers!

Trencher X 3.8 All Terrain Tires Mounted
ProLine Trenchers.jpg

I just tracked my #KRATON and it will be here tomorrow! I figured if the stock tires area garbage might as well order some good quality tires so i went with a set of ProLine Trenchers!

Trencher X 3.8 All Terrain Tires Mounted
View attachment 46276
Haha...i bought the same ones when 2 of my stocks went "flat" bc i didn't vent them. Gives it a very aggressive look (see pic).
Just be aware they are 2oz heavier than stock EACH so adding 1/2lb to rig. Just keep an eye on
IMG_20190428_141654527.jpg
your temps as you bash. I'll eventually put mine back on. Ended up getting a stock set from Jenny's and enjoying running care free even in this TX heat.

Haha...i bought the same ones when 2 of my stocks went "flat" bc i didn't vent them. Gives it a very aggressive look (see pic).
Just be aware they are 2oz heavier than stock EACH so adding 1/2lb to rig. Just keep an eye onView attachment 46295 your temps as you bash. I'll eventually put mine back on. Ended up getting a stock set from Jenny's and enjoying running care free even in this TX heat.
I like your T-Bone Racing top bumper. Do you have the part number to that to help with your latch?

RIP shock towers... ?
Thats why I will be installing shock towers front & rear & front and Rear Chassis braces. Plus some more upgrades that I will be slowing doing to my Kraton!

Attachments

• s635745890691283592_p9_i5_w640.jpeg
    s635745890691283592_p9_i5_w640.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 36
  • s635745890691283592_p8_i5_w640.jpeg
    s635745890691283592_p8_i5_w640.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 38
  • s635745890691283592_p27_i3_w160.jpeg
    s635745890691283592_p27_i3_w160.jpeg
    5.4 KB · Views: 35
  • s635745890691283592_p27_i1_w160.jpeg
    s635745890691283592_p27_i1_w160.jpeg
    5.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back