Kraton Picked up my new 2018 #ARRMA #Kraton BLX 6s Monster Truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uplift-RC

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Typhon 3s
I have done a lot of research on 6s BLX trucks/cars and I just could not resist on grabbing the new #KRATON #BLX #6s!
I already have the #ARRMA #Granite BLX 3s 4x4 w/ some Hop-Ups and it runs really good but I wanted something a little more beefy, more durable and a lot stronger all around! I wanted to get away from the Plastic trucks if you all know what I mean. Plus, there are a ton of upgrades you can do to the Kraton 6s! Here is the body style on my new #ARRMA #KRATON that i went with :)

What would be your first upgrades to this vechile after pulling it out of the box?

Last edited:
I have done a lot of research on 6s BLX trucks/cars and I just could not resist on grabbing the new #KRATON #BLX #6s!
I wanted to upgrade from my #ARRMA #Granite BLX 3s 4x4 truck to something a little more beefy, more durable and a lot stronger all around truggy! Plus, there are a ton of upgrades you can do to this vehicle. Here is the body style on my new #ARRMA #KRATON that i went with! family finally :)

View attachment 46125
Congrats, Kraton is a beast. Looks like you went with the. V3, sweet!

Good choice. Grab some front a-arms, not because they are week but simply because the power of the vehicle and they break more easily when you smash at that speed and it is frustrating to have a car down waiting for parts

First upgrade is rubber sealed bearings all around.

Might as well change diff fluids while doing bearings. Most like F30k/C500k/R10k. Those tires have no traction. Get some Backflip LPs from the Outcast 4S.

Servo mount is usually a mandatory upgrade too.

Then chassis braces, shock towers, and chassis if/as they break.

The V4 motor mount makes maintenance much easier, but that’s optional.

Doesn’t have the bling factor as the other stuff but the M2C chassis has been the best upgrade to ever come around imo. Most of us probably don’t even need aluminum chassis braces once you have that stiff chassis.

I already have the #ARRMA #Granite BLX 3s 4x4 w/ some Hop-Ups and it runs really good but I wanted something a little more beefy, more durable and a lot stronger all around! I wanted to get away from the Plastic trucks if you all know what I mean. Plus, there are a ton of upgrades you can do to the Kraton 6s! Here is the body style on my new #ARRMA #KRATON that i went with :)

What would be your first upgrades to this vechile after pulling it out of the box?
View attachment 46125
As others have pointed out there's alot you can do to upgrade. So if you're a project guy you can go nuts. While i enjoy wrenching i love driving more! So this is my advice with 6S rigs. Check your front and rear diffs for grease. If there's none or little add some good diff grease and that's it. You've already got a better radio than the V4s so you're ready to roll. As you run it pay attention to how it sounds and handles so you have a good baseline for the future to pick out when something doesn't seem right. As you enjoy the first 20 or so packs start building up your first maintenance/upgrade kit based on how you drive. Good luck and enjoy!!

That picture shows a V3 6S Kraton or earlier….?????:confused:

That picture shows a V3 6S Kraton or earlier….?????:confused:
I bought A - Arrma AR106031 2018 1/8 Kraton 6S BLX 4WD Mnstr RTR Blk/Grn ARAAR106031!
Picked up a new set of 4 Red 17mm Aluminum Wheel Hexes & Black Nuts & Pins Hex / 16.5mm for my new #KRATON!

Last edited:
Excellent. Some would say better than the 2019 version. I have the 2019. But there were kinks to work out. Awesome find.
2018's are hard to find. Has the better Tactic radio for one. I had to shelf the new Spektrum 2019 radio. It was junk. I had to purchased the older Tactic radio( the one you have) 2018 has the better servo saver hub also. Nice score. It saved you $$ over the 2019 version. Good luck.(y)(y)

Excellent. Some would say better than the 2019 version. I have the 2019. But there were kinks to work out. Awesome find.
2018's are hard to find. Has the better Tactic radio for one. I had to shelf the new Spektrum 2019 radio. It was junk. I had to purchased the older Tactic radio( the one you have) 2018 has the better servo saver hub also. Nice score. It saved you $$ over the 2019 version. Good luck.(y)(y)
I been trying to make my mind up if I wanted a stunt truck 6s or the Kraton 6s and I THINK i made the right choice !

Bearings are junk replace them first. My friends went in 2 days with belted scorpions. Ruined a rear diff.

View attachment 46125
Congrats on the 6s beast! Aluminum Chassis braces are a must over the stock plastic ones. Afterthat, sky's the limit.

My v3 is still my favorite. It has held up to serious bashing. Huge launches off massive stone piles at work. Only immediate upgrade i would do is a solid aluminum servo mount. Stonger servo and heavier center diff fluid. Bent the chassis slightly but it was backflipping off a 70ft stone pile to flat land so it didnt surprise me.otherwise im amazed at the beating ive given it. I sold all other rc trucks bought a v4 and did a custom kraton build then got an outcast too.

My v3 is still my favorite. It has held up to serious bashing. Huge launches off massive stone piles at work. Only immediate upgrade i would do is a solid aluminum servo mount. Stonger servo and heavier center diff fluid. Bent the chassis slightly but it was backflipping off a 70ft stone pile to flat land so it didnt surprise me.otherwise im amazed at the beating ive given it. I sold all other rc trucks bought a v4 and did a custom kraton build then got an outcast too.
Any solid aluminum servo mounts in mind mate for the 2018 #Kraton?

Yeah I know, everyone says it's one of the first upgrades you gotta do, BUT... I just used longer screws (chassis to mount) and ditched the rubber grommets and it's been great (it's gonna be flexy if you have rubber between servo and mount!). Haven't seen rubber spacers used except in planes and nitros for throttle anyway.

There is no MUST DO upgrade IMHO. Here's what I did on mine, 20ish packs through it:
- servo - not mandatory but will help keep it pointed where you want - had a couple lying around anyway
- longer front chassis brace screw (original stripped on impact, it's the weakest of the 4 brace screws)
- center diff oil to 100k - ballooning reduced, still handles fine on rough terrain
- bearings - went rubber sealed

A better chassis is something I don't have the extra cash for right now, but probably a good idea since stock is pretty soft - it *will* bend but can be straightened relatively easy. In the meantime I'll probably get some Al braces. Tires pretty much suck but powersliding is fun and traction rolling is not, so there's some good in the bad.

Main thing to do is check everything after each bash for backed out screws, tires coming unglued, bent dogbones or other stuff. It can help prevent a disaster!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back