Kraton Picked up my new 2018 #ARRMA #Kraton BLX 6s Monster Truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats why I will be installing shock towers front & rear & front and Rear Chassis braces. Plus some more upgrades that I will be slowing doing to my Kraton!
Towers and braces look nice, but ditch the T2T for a better chassis instead. M2C chassis ftw

I just tracked my #KRATON and it will be here tomorrow! I figured if the stock tires area garbage might as well order some good quality tires so i went with a set of ProLine Trenchers!

Trencher X 3.8 All Terrain Tires Mounted
View attachment 46276
Cancel that order quick! I spent $100+ on the MX38 Badlands and they're too heavy. Go with a 2.8 trencher or better yet just get a set of dboots backflips, they're hard to beat for the price, and are awesome!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!! MY 2018 KRATON CAME IN TODAY :)
Tomorrow it will be a good day to bash since my dual #TenEighty #ramps came in a few days ago.#BIGBOYY6sClub ???
IMG_2451.JPG

No Body Kraton .jpeg

What a difference in size between a #GRANITE BLX 3s 4X4 TRUCK vs a #ARRMA #KRATON 4X4 6s BLX TRUGGY
Its like trying to compare Apples to oranges, it really it is. Officially the truck is far more bigger and build a lot better!
The #GRANITE don't get me wrong is a super fast truck almost too on a 3s in my opinion so I would always just run on a 2s battery unless I was doing street runs with my Bandito Tires well then I would run a 3 s pack!!! Tomorrow, for my first speed run I will be trying out these new Lipo packs my LHS has in stock, they are the #Powerhobby Pro 3S 5200mAh 75C Lipo Battery THAT has an XT90 connectors, so i SHOuld get around 50MPH totally stock out of the box! Its funny b/c that little #GRANITE can just about hit 50MPH...

Arrma KRATON .jpeg

Last edited:
Many thanks @Crewchief227 it was about time! I have been just watching and learning from @Rich Duperbash and some of the parts that he runs in his ARRMA vehicles. Massive inspiration that guy, let me tell ya.I will be upgrading my shocks towers from and rear and my servo mounts, etc, etc! Picking it all up my parts from #VoltageHobby very good company to business with and they make off the chain quality parts.

I cant wait to run this #KRATON on 6s tomorrow at a dirt spot I know of! I am going to use the Proline Trenchers 17mm hex set of tires for my 2nd run and see if there is that much of a difference between the stock ones and the Pro Line trenchers I got .

ProLine Trenchers.jpg

Got in my first real session on Sunday w/ the #KRATON #BLX but on only a 3s PACK! I did get some decent footage of the session. I broke out the Ten Eighty launch ramps and was getting the feel of launching a 6s Truggy. I will be posting that video asap on my UpliFT-RC Youtube channel.

Last edited:
Off work until Tuesday - YAHOO AND possibly longer due to the Hurricane Dorian.
Anyways, going to be dressing up my #V3 #KRATON tonight with some parts that I got in from #VoltageHobby & #T-Boneracing
Installing a front and rear skid plates as well as my rear flat A-Arm skids plates on the rear of my #KRATON.

dRESSING UP THE kraton.jpeg

Last edited:
First run on a 6s and I bend my front stock Shock Tower when nailed this darn curb that I did not see in this parking lot :( What a bummer - everything else looks to be ok on my vechile. Looks like I will be doing it sooner then later my up grade to the Aluminum front & Rear Shock Towers that Voltage Hobby makes for the 6s v3 #KRATON. I guess I will go out tomorrow with the #Granite #BLX 3s to this Skate bowl depending Hurricane Dorian. Does anybody know if the front Shock Tower is pain in the real end to install?

Many thanks @Crewchief227 it was about time! I have been just watching and learning from @Rich Duperbash and some of the parts that he runs in his ARRMA vehicles. Massive inspiration that guy, let me tell ya.I will be upgrading my shocks towers from and rear and my servo mounts, etc, etc! Picking it all up my parts from #VoltageHobby very good company to business with and they make off the chain quality parts.
@richduperbash knows what's tried and proven when it comes to upgrades and tires. I've been following his lead since when he was running his Tekno MT. He is pretty much dead on always.
A quick thanx to Rich is in order.(y)

Picked up some more goodies from T- bone racing today for my #ARRMA #KRATON v3 -:)

#TBR 1/8 wide basher rear bumper
TBR 1:8 Wide Basher Rear Bumper.jpg

Dusty Motors Protection Cover Shroud

Red_20Kraton_20Shroud4_a1a53bbc-30c0-4599-8fd5-9697a2d88292_1800x1800.jpg

Attachments

• Voltage Hobby Servo Mount .jpeg
    Voltage Hobby Servo Mount .jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 35
  • RPM Front Bumper .jpeg
    RPM Front Bumper .jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 48
  • ARRMA Center Brace .jpeg
    ARRMA Center Brace .jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 41
  • TBR Rear A-Arms skid plates.jpeg
    TBR Rear A-Arms skid plates.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Congrats super love the Kraton have two V3s and a V4. Awesome RC probably my favorite. Definitely recommend the upgrades listed above. You will bend that chassis easily if you are jumping it.

Nice! Upgrades are always fun to wrench on!

arrmadillo,
Lride Chart
Lazy Bushman
SrC
jondilly1974

@WoodiE

Unreal, just doing a little jumping this weekend and I already bent my REPLACEMENT ARRMA stock front shock tower that I just installed on my v3 last weekend :( . This is my 2nd pair & I am done with the stock #ARRMA pair. I HAVE been waiting on #VH to get in the Rear Shock towers back in stock since I already have a front pair from them but in the meantime, I ordered a set of GPM shock towers & a pair of Hot Racing! Back to the Pits... Hopefully, these GPM ones will be a bit stronger than the #ARRMA STOCK ONES!

GPM racing: Fronts
Front GPM Shock Tower.jpg

GPM RACING: REAR

GPM RaCING Shock Tower Red Alloy.jpg

Last edited:
arrmadillo,
Lride Chart
Lazy Bushman
SrC
jondilly1974

@WoodiE
Unreal, just doing a little jumping this weekend and I already bent my REPLACEMENT ARRMA stock front shock tower that I just installed on my v3 :( . This is my 2nd pair & I am done with the stock #ARRMA pair. I HAVE been waiting on #Voltage Hobby to get the Rear Shock towers back in stock since I already have a front pair from them but in the meantime, I ordered a set of GPM shock towers! Back to the Pits... I MADE A pretty cool little video of my KRATON jumping and you will see it was not even that high but yet it bent my front shock tower and I was landing in the grass. Hopefully, these GPM ones will be a bit stronger than the #ARRMA STOCK ONES!

GPM racing: Fronts
View attachment 47869
GPM RACING: REAR

View attachment 47870
Yeah, the stock towers are pretty thin, I don't have the GPMs but they hopefully will take care of the problem.

Also, I picked up the fronts from #VoltageHobby and just waiting patiently for the Rears to get back in stock over at Kenny's shop.
Now I can confirm these are pretty thick and high quality made and matter of fact #RichSuperBash uses these on his ARRMA vechile's.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back