Pics , your other RC Cars ( Not Arrma )

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20200422_110623.jpg

Here is a couple of my crawlers I just finished building and a Tmax my sister found in a property clean up somebody left behind.
The Tmax was pretty dirty and engine gummed up but she runs awesome now.
One of these days I'll put all of my rigs together and take a family photo.

IMG_1100.JPG

IMG_1126.JPG

IMG_1108.JPG

Hobao Hyper SS Cage Truggy. Had the orange one on the left for about a month. Decided I wanted the black one too.

View attachment 162352

The orange nitro Hyper Cage Truggy has been on my wish list for a while now. I almost bought one had the money all ready to go, they went out of stock for like 3 months on Tower, wanted to user my Super Savers Club coupon code, but I got tired of waiting and bought an Outcast instead. Then Hobbico went under and after Horizon picked them up they dropped distribution for Hobao :mad:

Here is a couple of my crawlers I just finished building and a Tmax my sister found in a property clean up somebody left behind.
The Tmax was pretty dirty and engine gummed up but she runs awesome now.
One of these days I'll put all of my rigs together and take a family photo.

View attachment 162355
View attachment 162357
View attachment 162358

I saw your thread over on Rctalk. That thing cleaned up real good.

The orange nitro Hyper Cage Truggy has been on my wish list for a while now. I almost bought one had the money all ready to go, they went out of stock for like 3 months on Tower, wanted to user my Super Savers Club coupon code, but I got tired of waiting and bought an Outcast instead. Then Hobbico went under and after Horizon picked them up they dropped distribution for Hobao :mad:

Lol. Yeah man. I love these things; mainly because it looks like nothing else out there. Ordered them both from nitrohobbies.com.

Thanks Slick, it came out really nice and surprisingly enough, the engine fired right up.
I saw that but didn't watch the video.
Lol. Yeah man. I love these things; mainly because it looks like nothing else out there. Ordered them both from nitrohobbies.com.
Yeah they are about the only ones who carry Hobao stuff, Absolute Hobbies has some Hobao stuff too but that's about it over here in the states. They really need to get their poop in a group, do some marketing and get some better distribution.

Now I can only find the orange nitro in Australia.

Last edited:
Yeah they are about the only ones who carry Hobao stuff, Absolute Hobbies has some Hobao stuff too but that's about it over here in the states. They really need to get their poop in a group, do some marketing and get some better distribution.

Now I can only find the orange nitro in Australia.
Yeah, I think Hobao was struggling for a while so that's why they don't market or have a wider distributor network. When I had first bought the orange one, I had taken it down to one of the local hobby shops and a lot of people had never even heard of the brand.

Yeah, I think Hobao was struggling for a while so that's why they don't market or have a wider distributor network. When I had first bought the orange one, I had taken it down to one of the local hobby shops and a lot of people had never even heard of the brand.

No their US distributor just up and closed their doors without warning so they had no distribution at all for a while, then they decided to try to do their own distribution.

Guess I haven't been on here in a minute...
Got a maxx back in May:
2021-0517-maxx-side-body.jpg

Replaced the electronics and tires/wheels before I ever drove it:
2021-0519-maxx-wideKitInstalled-MMX-2200kv-testFit-side-high.jpg

Also added the wide kit:
2021-0520-maxx-RCStation3.8Tires-front.jpg

Didn't like how those tires drove, so tried something else I had on hand:
2021-0529-Maxx-3.8ChevronsGeodes-side.jpg

They were awful in grass and threw a set of backflip MT's on it off my outcast while out bashing:
2021-0529-Maxx-BackflipMT-body-side.jpg

Could almost drive on it's roof. They were ok, but made the truck feel very oaf'ish. Ended up with some backflip LP's on traxxas 8671 wheels:
2021-0604-maxx-backflipLP-body-side.jpg

2021-0604-maxx-backflipLP-body-front.jpg

Also threw a nice treal servo saver in it:
2021-0602-maxx-TrealServoSaver.jpg

I had ordered a couple liperior 65C 4S packs for it and ran those for a while...
2021-0601-maxx-RaidenRacingBatteryStrap.jpg

Then went with cvd's...
2021-0605-maxx-brokenDiffOutputYoke.jpg

2021-0607-maxx-CVD-body-front.jpg

Backflip LP's on arrma wheels (green) vs traxxas wheels (red):
2021-0704-Yorkville-maxx-BackflipLPOnArrmaWheelsvsTRX8671.jpg

Continued...

Ended up going 6S because I couldn't get the speed I wanted even with the MMX/1515 2200kv without overheating it.
My first 6S pack made out of a couple liperior 3S 65C 5000mah packs:
2021-0710-maxx-6SLiperiorInstalled-side-high.jpg

Then I got some CNHL 6S 40C 5000mah packs as well as alloy c-hubs for the front as those were becoming problematic:
2021-0712-maxx-CNHL40C5000mah6Sx4-TrealBlackC-Hubs.jpg

2021-0712-maxx-treal_C_Hub.jpg

Then a probody RC body, went with yellow as I thought it would go with the Red motif better:
2021-0716-maxx-probodyrc-yellow-bentBumper-side.jpg

Had to use some alloy decorative washers for mounting the body cage to the body as the probody rc mold made the detents quite a bit smaller than the traxxas trapezoid pieces would fit. They looked nice anyway by adding a bit more red to the mix.

Modified the motor mount/cover thing as it was stripped when I got it:
2021-0721-maxx-SpurCover4mmTNut-side.jpg

Have come across quite a few of the screws in it being stripped... not something I expected on a brand new truck...

Having some spur issues...
2021-0723-maxx-strippedSpur-macro.jpg

And diff cup issues:
2021-0725-maxx-brokenCVDCup-OffTruck.jpg

Spur was fixed by not doing what the manual says and using a pin hole for gear mesh that is one too tight. It was then perfect with 21/50 gearing and has been holding up fine so far. I prefer to stick with the plastic spur, but I do have a steel one on hand now for it. I also replaced the stock servo as it died during my 3rd or 4th bash session.

Modified the body clamp with 2mm piano wire buried in a sea of hot glue to make it more rigid. Finally have had multiple bash sessions where the body only popped off once, or not at all vs the 15+ times before:
2021-0730-maxx-bodyLock-reenforceWire-side.jpg

Tried a set of trencher LP's this weekend... they will be fine for the skate park days to help keep my backflips lasting longer, but they are pretty awful in the grass. Causes the truck to spin the tires A LOT and fishtail all over the place whenever I really lean on the throttle.
2021-0806-maxx-trencherLP-front-High.jpg

Broke another diff cup, hoping this works to make those last longer. At $10 a piece... kind of annoying. Spent $13 on 4 16x35x11 bearings to use the inner race as a sleeve for the cup. It fits on with a little forcing, but I used red loctite in hopes that it stays where I put it.
2021-0810-maxx-16x35x11bearing-diffCupSleeve.jpg

2021-0810-maxx-16x35x11bearing-diffCupSleeve-installed.jpg

Latest bash at the grass bmx track with it:
I basically take my outcast with me usually when I run it just so I have something to run my 6S packs down in when I break the maxx... but lately, with the things I've done to it, it doesn't break fatally. So now maybe a couple of my other trucks can get some wheel time. I ran my stampede for the first time in a while last weekend. Reminded me why I got the maxx. lol!

Continued...

Ended up going 6S because I couldn't get the speed I wanted even with the MMX/1515 2200kv without overheating it.
My first 6S pack made out of a couple liperior 3S 65C 5000mah packs:
2021-0710-maxx-6SLiperiorInstalled-side-high.jpg

Then I got some CNHL 6S 40C 5000mah packs as well as alloy c-hubs for the front as those were becoming problematic:
2021-0712-maxx-CNHL40C5000mah6Sx4-TrealBlackC-Hubs.jpg

2021-0712-maxx-treal_C_Hub.jpg

Then a probody RC body, went with yellow as I thought it would go with the Red motif better:
2021-0716-maxx-probodyrc-yellow-bentBumper-side.jpg

Had to use some alloy decorative washers for mounting the body cage to the body as the probody rc mold made the detents quite a bit smaller than the traxxas trapezoid pieces would fit. They looked nice anyway by adding a bit more red to the mix.

Modified the motor mount/cover thing as it was stripped when I got it:
2021-0721-maxx-SpurCover4mmTNut-side.jpg

Have come across quite a few of the screws in it being stripped... not something I expected on a brand new truck...

Having some spur issues...
2021-0723-maxx-strippedSpur-macro.jpg

And diff cup issues:
2021-0725-maxx-brokenCVDCup-OffTruck.jpg

Spur was fixed by not doing what the manual says and using a pin hole for gear mesh that is one too tight. It was then perfect with 21/50 gearing and has been holding up fine so far. I prefer to stick with the plastic spur, but I do have a steel one on hand now for it. I also replaced the stock servo as it died during my 3rd or 4th bash session.

Modified the body clamp with 2mm piano wire buried in a sea of hot glue to make it more rigid. Finally have had multiple bash sessions where the body only popped off once, or not at all vs the 15+ times before:
2021-0730-maxx-bodyLock-reenforceWire-side.jpg

Tried a set of trencher LP's this weekend... they will be fine for the skate park days to help keep my backflips lasting longer, but they are pretty awful in the grass. Causes the truck to spin the tires A LOT and fishtail all over the place whenever I really lean on the throttle.
2021-0806-maxx-trencherLP-front-High.jpg

Broke another diff cup, hoping this works to make those last longer. At $10 a piece... kind of annoying. Spent $13 on 4 16x35x11 bearings to use the inner race as a sleeve for the cup. It fits on with a little forcing, but I used red loctite in hopes that it stays where I put it.
2021-0810-maxx-16x35x11bearing-diffCupSleeve.jpg

2021-0810-maxx-16x35x11bearing-diffCupSleeve-installed.jpg

Latest bash at the grass bmx track with it:
I basically take my outcast with me usually when I run it just so I have something to run my 6S packs down in when I break the maxx... but lately, with the things I've done to it, it doesn't break fatally. So now maybe a couple of my other trucks can get some wheel time. I ran my stampede for the first time in a while last weekend. Reminded me why I got the maxx. lol!
You’re back!! Long time no see ;)

20211004_191645.jpg
20211004_172733.jpg

The Hummer is high centered. Definitely requires more thought navigating the rocks. I spent 15 minutes trying to drive up the sandy embankment I drove down to get to the river. Just kept burying itself down to the frame. I tried different approaches, angles.....no dice. So I used the foot of God. I'll try again tomorrow. The lights are cute but do not provide any real light.

As to the Super Rock Rey. Well.......I accidentally drove it off the second story deck. I didn't really drive it.. I tossed it onto the deck as I was going down to play and it has so little rolling resistance it went right under the railing and onto the concrete below. @$!^ I was so distraught I waited over 20 minutes before I walked down and got it. Few scratches...nothing else! Whew!

Last edited:
View attachment 172519

The Hummer is high centered. Definitely requires more thought navigating the rocks. I spent 15 minutes trying to drive up the sandy embankment I drove down to get to the river. Just kept burying itself down to the frame. I tried different approaches, angles.....no dice. So I used the foot of God. I'll try again tomorrow. The lights are cute but do not provide any real light.
Very cool!!! Tamiya?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back