Kraton Pillow ball caps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLELITE

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
How are you guys preventing the red pillow ball adjusters from backing out all the time.....will the new adjusters fit on the the older models kraton and talion,,,,,,thisdrives me crazy.............tried Teflon tape etc.etc,,,,they even back out with new knuckles........any other suggestions? Thanks guys.....

how often are you finding you have had to tighten? Ive probably gone through 25 packs and I did a tear down recently and found that they were all pretty good.

how often are you finding you have had to tighten? Ive probably gone through 25 packs and I did a tear down recently and found that they were all pretty good.
It’s after 4 or 5 runs,,,it just backs out enough to be sloppy,,, I was thinking maybe a drop or two of super glue on the outer edge after adjusting?

It’s after 4 or 5 runs,,,it just backs out enough to be sloppy,,, I was thinking maybe a drop or two of super glue on the outer edge after adjusting?

Thats what I'd try... just enough to lock them.

I actually use blue loctite. Just a bit. Has worked excellent.

I actually use blue loctite. Just a bit. Has worked excellent.
Don’t use loctite on plastic. Ever.

You guys need to look at the M2C racing replacement nuts that are tapered cut instead of the straight cut stock nuts.

How are you guys preventing the red pillow ball adjusters from backing out all the time.....will the new adjusters fit on the the older models kraton and talion,,,,,,thisdrives me crazy.............tried Teflon tape etc.etc,,,,they even back out with new knuckles........any other suggestions? Thanks guys.....
Have you tried o rings? I think they're stock on new models

Get the stock ones from the newest models (with the o-rings) or the Hot Racing ones, they never backed out on me. Or the M2C's as mentioned above.
Screenshot_20191006-174235_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20191006-174320_Samsung Internet.jpg

I think what I’m going to do is do one with super glue and the other with loctite,,,,, the race is on......
Loctite is for metal to metal only. It eats plastic. Gonna ruin your hubs.

Like @jondilly1974 said.. One and done right here! M2C Pillow ball nuts and delrin bushings! Tested to stay snug!
I wouldn't bother with the new o-ring Arrma nuts. They don't last! :cool: ?

https://www.m2cracing.com/product.sc?productId=988&categoryId=123
Like @jondilly1974 said.. One and done right here! M2C Pillow ball nuts and delrin bushings! Tested to stay snug!
I wouldn't bother with the new o-ring Arrma nuts. They don't last! :cool: ?

https://www.m2cracing.com/product.sc?productId=988&categoryId=123

I have put teflon for plumbing on mine :
View attachment 50087
View attachment 50088
Hate to tell you this, but there’s a few things wrong with what you said:

1) Thats not Teflon
2) PTFE is a lubricant, not an adhesive

Since PTFE is made to lubricate threads in order to get a tighter fit, it’s not going to help here. In fact, it will make it easier for them to back out. ??‍♂️

The issue is that the stock nuts are straight threads and they never get tight. The only way to get them tight is to bind them to the pillow ball, which binds the hubs to the arm, which is not desired.

The only realistic solutions are:

1) An adhesive to lock the nut in place. Thread lockers are designed to hold metal to metal, and are harmful to plastics. So a glue or other plastic safe adhesive is needed.

2) Use a tapered thread so the thread can tighten before it binds on the pillow ball. This is the design of the M2C kit. I guess you could also use a varied thread, where the pitch progresses as it gets deeper, but this would only work once, as it will likely deform the plastic hub.

3) Use metal hubs where loctite can be used.

Since PTFE is made to lubricate threads in order to get a tighter fit, it’s not going to help here. In fact, it will make it easier for them to back out. ??‍♂️

In fact, they are not backing out anymore :LOL:

PTFE is made from Teflon. PTFE = Polytetrafluoroethylene, Teflon = tetrafluoroethylene.

Last edited:
In fact, there are not going out anymore :LOL:
Yet. You would be better off using electrical tape than PTFE. All you managed to do is tighten the fit between the metal and plastic, which normally would be a good idea. However PTFE is a lubricant, which will make it easier for them to back out. It’s just what it is designed to do. Why would you doubt it?

I sometimes use ptfe tape in my job, it does tighten up all the thread tolerances and creates more overall friction than a loose bolt or nut will when not tightened... as is required here.

Edit- ptfe tape is intended to create a seal.. not lubricate anything. You are thinking of the spray.

I don't doubt about what
Yet. You would be better off using electrical tape than PTFE. All you managed to do is tighten the fit between the metal and plastic, which normally would be a good idea. However PTFE is a lubricant, which will make it easier for them to back out. It’s just what it is designed to do. Why would you doubt it?

I don't doubt about what you say. But what would you doubt when it works?

I sometimes use ptfe tape in my job, it does tighten up all the thread tolerances and creates more overall friction than a loose bolt or nut will when not tightened... as is required here.

Edit- ptfe tape is intended to create a seal.. not lubricate anything. You are thinking of the spray.
It does not create a seal. Ask any licensed plumber. It lubes the threads making it easier to fully tighten pipe to a point where it makes a complete seal. The threads make the seal, not the tape itself. The tape also makes it easier to remove the pipe later. This is because it’s a lubricant that stays in place and can’t be displaced by water or oils. It’s designed purpose is a thread lube.

For those who call it Teflon tape, no tape has contained actual Teflon since the 1970’s. Teflon is a brand name and hasn’t been licensed for use by any tape manufacturer for many decades. Also, DuPont never made tapes. DuPont has since sold the brand Teflon to another company who also does not make tapes. PTFE is the generic name for Teflon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back