Outcast Pillow Ball Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98jdmcivic

Active Military
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
The pillow balls keep popping out of the steering knuckle...do I need aluminum knuckles?

The pillow balls keep popping out of the steering knuckle...do I need aluminum knuckles?
That's not normal. I run the plastic hubs on my Typhon and Talion and have never pulled one out.

Attachments

• 20190801_172048.jpg
    20190801_172048.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 20190801_171956.jpg
    20190801_171956.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 105
I have seen that happen in a Rich Duperbash video, it might have actually been TDogs rig.
For me, I find that the PB's actually pull out of the upper and lower arms where they screw into, if anything.

I have seen that happen in a Rich Duperbash video, it might have actually been TDogs rig.
For me, I find that the PB's actually pull out of the upper and lower arms where they screw into, if anything.
I never thought about it being cracked. I assumed it was flexing allowing it to pop out.

I never thought about it being cracked. I assumed it was flexing allowing it to pop out.
If it was RPM, I'd agree, but pretty much any other PB type setup I've had that wasn't RPM, when they pop out, they are usually cracked somewhere.

Not to confuse the issue, RPM doesn't make them for these trucks, but I've had them on many traxxas vehicles over the years. Never cracked one, but have had many pull the PB through the carrier. With those, if it's 75F+ outside, you can just jam it back in. Any colder than that and you risk breaking the ball off or the arm.

I haven't cracked mine. But they have been known to do so. The PB will either pull out of the arms where it is threaded or snap through and crack the Hub. From my experience always pulls out of the arms. Its one or the other. Something will give.

Yes mine originally pulled from the arm until I wrapped threads with teflon tape. Sounds like this is a case where they pulled from the path of least resistance. To be fair, I am relatively new and my landings have been sketchy at best.

Yes mine originally pulled from the arm until I wrapped threads with teflon tape. Sounds like this is a case where they pulled from the path of least resistance. To be fair, I am relatively new and my landings have been sketchy at best.
As promised...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back