Pillow balls keep getting loose on ARRMA outcast 6s. Loctite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armarookie43

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
No matter how hard I torque down my pillow balls on the front suspension of my Outcast 6s, they keep backing out, causing my dog bone to pop out. Maybe some blue loctite would do the trick? Even though is metal on plastic. Anyone else with this issue? Thanks.

The pivot balls that screw into the arms, I removed the washers on all and screwed them all the way in. If your talking about the pivot ball adjusting nuts/cups, I used plumbers tape (teflon tape) on the threads and they have not loosened since.

Last edited:
M2C Racing makes replacement pillow balls that won’t back out. Instead of straight threads, Mitch makes his with tapered threads, similar to the difference in pipe threads, if you are familiar with the way different types of pipes are threaded. He also includes delrin bushings for longer wear.

https://www.m2cracing.com/product.sc?productId=988

For the pillow balls into the arms, teflon or plumbers tape works pretty well there too. No matter what fix you use, the harder you bash/jump, at some point they're going to start backing out. There are many threads on this issue with some other pretty ingenious fixes that take a little more technical ability to accomplish like drilling a hole in the arms and adding a thread stop screw, but tape or superglue should keep you running a little more care free. Just keep a 2.5mm driver on you and check every once and a while while you're out and you should be fine.

Hi!

It's a common problem. New a-arms helps, the thread wears out. I placed some metal rings and a few drops of superglue, never had issues after that.

Yeah this is exactly what I was talking about. My arms are new like my truck, so I guess it's because of my crazy driving. Thanks.
Two issues, pillar ball caps loosen and the balls come out of the arms. Teflon tap works for the caps but I’ve tried all things for the ball into the arms and the best is a sliver of Mr. Grip.
View attachment 47125
Yeah, balls into the arms are my issue. Well I'm having both issues mentioned actually. I already lost a pillar ball cap. Hehe. Thanks!
Thanks everyone again! I've learned so much in just about a month's time. Hehe.

Well I got lazy and went bashing today again without the recommendations. Well this time the damn pillow ball came completely out of the arm and the cap too! How the heck did that happen? So I lost everything! Ordered some new pillow balls and I already have extra caps. Oh well.

Well I got lazy and went bashing today again without the recommendations. Well this time the damn pillow ball came completely out of the arm and the cap too! How the heck did that happen? So I lost everything! Ordered some new pillow balls and I already have extra caps. Oh well.
Sounds like a lesson learned and that's what it is really about. You'll probably never lose another one.

Sounds like a lesson learned and that's what it is really about. You'll probably never lose another one.
It doesn't help that my 3y old son and me are torturing our Outcast BC of the constant backflips and other crazy stuff. Yeah, I tried adding Teflon to the balls going into the arms, but they keep backing up. Next is the recommendation above. Right now I'm actually dealing with a noise coming from the rear differential ?.

It doesn't help that my 3y old son and me are torturing our Outcast BC of the constant backflips and other crazy stuff. Yeah, I tried adding Teflon to the balls going into the arms, but they keep backing up. Next is the recommendation above. Right now I'm actually dealing with a noise coming from the rear differential ?.
Sounds to me like you need another one so you each have one.

If teflon is not working, try superglue or you may need new arms.

What noise? I had a horrendous clacking noise...turned out to be from my bent chassis causing misalignment of the rear input pinion gear. The rear of the chassis should have a slight upward bend.

I found that Teflon didn't work very well for me either long term unless i put alot on. Now using super glue, but likely will meed to replace the arm soon. Basically the plastic thread in the arm is stripping out.

If your new i have a tip: I highly recommend always inspecting your rig after bashing and before. This will help you catch screws and such backing out and causing bigger problems. Admittedly i don't always and i usually regret it when a simple screw backs out and causes more damage or you loose stuff.

I have applied super glue to stripped plastic holes (let dry then put the screw back) with pretty good results. I recently tried 2 part epoxy (used a toothpic and applied a very light coat) let dry first and it seems to work even better!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back