Kraton pillow balls starting to get annoying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martysmith223

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
after about one pack of running my kraton sometimes less either or while I'm letting it cool down I have to tighten down the pillow balls to the arms it's not hard but it gets old best option to fix this ? anyone got any idea that don't involve thread locker I don't like using it on plastic cause its know to deteriorate plastic..... if you have used it with no issues it may be my last option

Couple wraps of Teflon tape on the threads and install.
never thought of that thanks man .... thinking about grinding small flat spot on the ends of the pillow ball threads and installing little set screws tbh

Super glue
If you ever want to remove that don't use super glue. Use the teflon tape, use an o'ring and Hot Racing makes some upgrade ones that have delrin inserts instead of plastic.

never thought of that thanks man .... thinking about grinding small flat spot on the ends of the pillow ball threads and installing little set screws tbh

This is the best option mechanically but is overkill. The balls don’t rotate so jamming the threads up works for all intents and purposes. I’m not saying don’t use the set screw by any means but it’s more work than what is really needed.

Maybe not what you want to hear but I suggest the Hot Racing upgrade. Many say it's the best upgrade you can make.
It's $50 for both front steering blocks but I don't think you'll ever have another problem.
I'd be nervous about grinding but the stock are certainly cheaper to replace if something goes awry.

Maybe not what you want to hear but I suggest the Hot Racing upgrade. Many say it's the best upgrade you can make.
It's $50 for both front steering blocks but I don't think you'll ever have another problem.
I'd be nervous about grinding but the stock are certainly cheaper to replace if something goes awry.

I’ve never used them but they do look great.

I bought some for my Kraton but not installed yet. I can't comment from personal experience but reviews sound very positive. Mine stripped the first time I messed with them and I got em back in temporarily. When I break em again, I'll get the HR ones on lickety split.

edit: and I have the V4

yeah I plan on getting them eventually lol money
everyone keeps saying how good they are I just have extra factory ones already lol but I'll try the tape or super glue for awhile... I know eventually I buy the hr ones

yeah I plan on getting them eventually lol money
everyone keeps saying how good they are I just have extra factory ones already lol but I'll try the tape or super glue for awhile... I know eventually I buy the hr ones
I think they're expensive as well. And I was mad when mine stripped so I impulse spent.
I'd try these first that @Mongoose mentioned next time...especially with more than one 6s rig.
Unless of course the block is stripped out....which mine on the Kraton are. Funny I had no prob with the V3 Typhon today and had to tighten up after I noticed the balls loosening from the arms.
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...MImo3Giqn54QIVkuDICh3i6wJ7EAQYAyABEgL05PD_BwE

I think they're expensive as well. And I was mad when mine stripped so I impulse spent.
I'd try these first that @Mongoose mentioned next time...especially with more than one 6s rig.
Unless of course the block is stripped out....which mine on the Kraton are. Funny I had no prob with the V3 Typhon today and had to tighten up after I noticed the balls loosening from the arms.
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...MImo3Giqn54QIVkuDICh3i6wJ7EAQYAyABEgL05PD_BwE
my red nuts are doing good no issues so far it's where the pillow ball screws into the arm itself but yeah they are alittle pricey

My bad man. In that case the set screw is GREAT idea lol
yeah man I think I'm gonna try it on an old set of arms and pillow balls first juat to get an idea of what I'm doing it wont take but a tiny little set screw just gotta get the stud figured out may drill small hole in th or just make flat spot I have a few to work with just gotta keep the threads flawless around hole or near flat spot to keep it from messing up the plastic threads

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back