Kraton pillow balls starting to get annoying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It works well. Remember that the plastic might expand over time and use. It's easy to check them though, so I'm not too concerned in buying the new versions unless something damages the originals.
Got it, thanks! I am doing it today. I suspect it is why my axle popped out.

iv never had any issues with my retainer caps or the red pieces lol ...it's the pillow balls coming unscrewed from the arms ... I tapped my arms and put some set screws in them tinny little set screws but they work

iv tried glue thread locker but all fail or cause issues later on ... the set screws worked like a charm

iv never had any issues with my retainer caps or the red pieces lol ...it's the pillow balls coming unscrewed from the arms ... I tapped my arms and put some set screws in them tinny little set screws but they work

iv tried glue thread locker but all fail or cause issues later on ... the set screws worked like a charm
I am interested, got any pictures? I am going to try the tape first but may end up going the route you went.

I am interested, got any pictures? I am going to try the tape first but may end up going the route you went.
just drill and screw man smallest set screw you can find and a piece of bird shot or a little chunk of lead to save your threads
if I have any issues with my retainer caps I'll probably do the same to them

I've taped at least one for the same reason, and so far, that's holding up well too.

Maybe not what you want to hear but I suggest the Hot Racing upgrade. Many say it's the best upgrade you can make.
It's $50 for both front steering blocks but I don't think you'll ever have another problem.
I'd be nervous about grinding but the stock are certainly cheaper to replace if something goes awry.
I just placed an order for a new set of Front & Rear Hot Racing Aluminum Steering Blocks for my #v3 #KRATON!
Anyhow - any #ARRMA #BASHERS out there use these on there 6s rigs?
1573215676310.png

1573215690228.png

after about one pack of running my kraton sometimes less either or while I'm letting it cool down I have to tighten down the pillow balls to the arms it's not hard but it gets old best option to fix this ? anyone got any idea that don't involve thread locker I don't like using it on plastic cause its know to deteriorate plastic..... if you have used it with no issues it may be my last option
Put a straight bead of IC2000 glue across the threads in A-arms. Basically, run one thin bead from inner arm, to the outer arm threads. Perpendicular to the threads. You'll run one let dry 15, and run a second 180° inside the insert area. Small bead is the key. I use the back of a plastic dental pic/flosser to apply.

Have a dummy pivot ball to thread the first time. Will be tight. Slow , and steady. If you strip the allen hole, vise grip the pivot ball in reverse. When finished, and you put your hub assembly, and race, or bash, your camber will stay set. It takes packs to losen them. If they do losen ever, put another two small beads.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back