Kraton Pin flew out of end of dogbone WTH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobalt172

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
ok I lost front wheels power after my front center dogbone lost its pin that goes into the center diff. What the hell. DO I need to CA glue, super glue these in place from now on? Why is the pin at the end able to move? Freaking stupid design if you ask me.

During my redcat be6s/tm bes tear down and rebuild last weekend I saw at one end of a center driveshaft the pin was way out of center. I just heated with a torch and hammer tapped it gently until center.

31 years in the hobby and I have never seen this ??‍♂️

Press a new pin in and it should be good to go.
IMG_2526.JPG

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/replacing-driveshaft-dog-bone-pins-on-arrma-6s-vehicles.14362/

How do you "Press" new pin in, and also, how do I prevent it from happening again?
……………………..I will super glue the new dogbone I have coming. FFS

How do you "Press" new pin in, and also, how do I prevent it from happening again?
Don't use super glue, use blue loctite if anything
Check out the thread I linked to. If you don't want the hassle and you're in the US ship it to me and I'll press a new pin in for you and mail it back to you.

Last edited:
I just bought a new dog bone.

OK so just put blue threadlock around it?

I don't think "Threadlock" us the appropriate substance to sucure the pin. I think CA glue would do it.... correct?

Couldn’t you just put it back in place and peen it on both sides to deform it enough that it won’t back out?
I don't think "Threadlock" us the appropriate substance to sucure the pin. I think CA glue would do it.... correct?
No CA won’t hold up on a steel part.

OK so What the F. So Blue thread lock then? How about Red Threadlock…. I have plenty of that.
Oh... So you mean bend it a bit so it can back out? That makes sense. I'll do that.

Well,the pin is a separate piece of hardware, and it seems like they can move, so I feel like I should do SOMETHING to stop it from moving.

OK so What the F. So Blue thread lock then? How about Red Threadlock…. I have plenty of that.
Oh... So you mean bend it a bit so it can back out? That makes sense. I'll do that.
I honestly don’t thin TL will hold it either. There aren’t threads on that pin

Have you ever pulled a pinion off that had too much tl put on the grub? Pain in the butt is what that is.
If you are that worried about it. Find a ball bearing and put it over the hole and smack it with a hammer on both holes. You will have to press it in at that point.

Have you ever pulled a pinion off that had too much to put on the grub? Pain in the butt is what that is.
Yes but I think on a metal dogbone to metal cup situation it won’t hold up. Lots of heat and vibration there. A mechanical fit would be much better IMO. Just peen it on both sides.

Idk lots of vibrations and heat on a pinion lol... screw it peen it and lock tight. Hell throw some ca glue in the mix as well. Good luck ever getting that off again.

Well, let me ask this, why the HELL would I even need that pin to NOT be in the dogbone? I mean what the hell? Of course it needs to just stay there, I cant think of a scenario where it needs to move?
What does PEEN it mean???

I have seen this before, I take the pin and put it in a vice and squash it a bit to have a footprint on the surface, or w a dremmel do some lines to its surface.

On the dog bone side, barely squash it, ever so slightly. Heat it up and push the pin in.

Another option create small dimples on the surface of the pin, a bit of jb weld and pressed it in, the jb weld will allocate in the small holes and the surface of the dog bone.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back