Kraton Pin flew out of end of dogbone WTH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welp, I put in a fresh brand new dogbone and guess what: The pins both came out this time. I will take the next one to a welding shop to have him weld the damn pin in place.

Welp, I put in a fresh brand new dogbone and guess what: The pins both came out this time. I will take the next one to a welding shop to have him weld the damn pin in place.
Really? What are you doing that the pins just fall out?
I want to see some pictures of exactly what is going on.

I am wondering if the chassis is bent and the bones are flopping around too much or in compression? Something is off here. Like the others I have never had a pin come out.
Excessive heat/friction in the cup/pin could cause things to go wrong.

Really? What are you doing that the pins just fall out?
I want to see some pictures of exactly what is going on.
Edit: wrong guy.
I am wondering if the chassis is bent and the bones are flopping around too much or in compression? Something is off here. Like the others I have never had a pin come out.
Excessive heat/friction in the cup/pin could cause things to go wrong.
Maybe something do do with this?
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/bowing-in-the-center-rear-drive-shaft.16428/

Last edited:
That rear dogbone has not had a pin fly out. The the front however has, twice. The chassis IS NOT bent, I made sure and I also do not jump my vehicles....

I will have someone weld the damn pin in place. There is no other explanation I can give, the chassis is not bent, and this is the second dogbone I have gone through missing pins.
Can you explain how friction and heat happens in the cup???

Last edited:
The most active posters on this site represent hundreds, if not thousands of hours of bashing. There have been maybe a few instances of a pin coming loose. You have had it happen twice in the span of a week. You have to think that there is something going on with your truck that is causing it.

I agree....

I don't really understand the physics of what could make it come out. The doggone just sits in the cups, I don't understand why it's coming out.

Lots of options here. Best one is to buy a new one and just use it. Chances of that happening again are slim to none. Much ado about nothing ?
Yes this was my thought also. Just replace it and bash.

I agree....

I don't really understand the physics of what could make it come out. The doggone just sits in the cups, I don't understand why it's coming out.
Can you take a picture? I just want to see what it looks like.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back