Kraton Pin flew out of end of dogbone WTH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I said with the ball bearing is to pen the hole. It will make a pinch fit at the opening

Technically it's more like "staking" than peening. Same premise as staking a castle nut when building AR15's but instead of the notch you're pinching the metal around the pin to secure it in place

Lots of options here. Best one is to buy a new one and just use it. Chances of that happening again are slim to none. Much ado about nothing ?

I appreciate your feedback, but I have seen these move on both of my cars, a Kraton and Now a Redcat XBE, think I do need to take precautions as this pin does move. I will use Green Fuking Loctite. For Christ Sake.

Bickety is probably right. Loctite is about $15 a bottle. Just buy a new one. I have never seen that happen before. Must be a Friday part.

I appreciate your feedback, but I have seen these move on both of my cars, a Kraton and Now a Redcat XBE, think I do need to take precautions as this pin does move. I will use Green Fuking Loctite. For Christ Sake.
I've have five 6s Arrma trucks and have never had a pin come out. I've been running them for over 18 months. I bash the crap out of my trucks. But if you feel you need to make a mountain out of a molehill, have at it.

I've have five 6s Arrma trucks and have never had a pin come out. I've been running them for over 18 months. I bash the crap out of my trucks. But if you feel you need to make a mountain out of a molehill, have at it.

No Sure what to tell you man, MY pins move. Nothing else to say.

No Sure what to tell you man, MY pins move. Nothing else to say.
Good luck, bro. Loctite, hammer, peen, x-ray, microwave, torch, weld away. Hope it works out for you.

Uh, I think Ill just hammer it so its bent, then it cant move.
And I will add green Loctite.

Thank you I was looking for this when I went to buy the pin press thing.
I've got an extra pin press ready to go if you need it slick. Let me know and I'll send it your way.

I've got an extra pin press ready to go if you need it slick. Let me know and I'll send it your way.
I still need to set up an axle straightening rig like you have lol
Probably just gonna pick up one of the cheapo small vices from Harbor Freight.

I still need to set up an axle straightening rig like you have lol
Probably just gonna pick up one of the cheapo small vices from Harbor Freight.
IMG_2536.JPG

Although not as easy to fine tune as with the "vice and 3 bolts method", You can use a pair of vice grips in a pinch to straighten one out. I did this for @HoneyBasherDontCare when we were bashing a few weeks ago here on the farm when he bent one of his dogbones

Have you ever pulled a pinion off that had too much tl put on the grub? Pain in the butt is what that is.
If you are that worried about it. Find a ball bearing and put it over the hole and smack it with a hammer on both holes. You will have to press it in at that point.
TL requires pressure to bond effectively. That's how it cures, under pressure as threads tightened. So pressing in a pin with a bit of TL will hold it in theory due to the tight press fit. CA wont work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back