PINION (3s line-up)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exc3l

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
Hey guys, I am looking for some pinions! I have found lots and I think it is bonkers to spend 18CAD on a 30t D-SAFE pinion gear. What pinions will work? 48p or 64p? I am looking to run 26t and above. I am running a 6s motor with all-metal diff upgrades (input gear, composite diff case, and MTL crown gear) This thing is gonna goo :ROFLMAO: ? !
Thanks in advance!?

Solution
Presume you are running the 3/4s metal spur? You need a 0.8mod pinion aka 32dp. Biggest ive gone with a metal drivetrain 3s typhon on 4s is 26 but it got v hot!
Presume you are running the 3/4s metal spur? You need a 0.8mod pinion aka 32dp. Biggest ive gone with a metal drivetrain 3s typhon on 4s is 26 but it got v hot!

Solution
Hey guys, I am looking for some pinions! I have found lots and I think it is bonkers to spend 18CAD on a 30t D-SAFE pinion gear. What pinions will work? 48p or 64p? I am looking to run 26t and above. I am running a 6s motor with all-metal diff upgrades (input gear, composite diff case, and MTL crown gear) This thing is gonna goo :ROFLMAO: ? !
Thanks in advance!?
Don't quote me but I feel like I've heard the biggest pinion you can fit on the 3/4s motor mount was a 26-tooth but I'm not sure. But if you can fit a bigger one I haven't had any problems with the 20-tooth safe-d pinion I bought a bit ago so I think its worth it.

U must find speed elsewhere.more kv,taller tires, or change to Mod1 gears like 6s linup.problem is57 being the only spur gear available. Need a smaller spur so you can use bigger pinions with mod .8

U must find speed elsewhere.more kv,taller tires, or change to Mod1 gears like 6s linup.problem is57 being the only spur gear available. Need a smaller spur so you can use bigger pinions with mod .8
I've never understood this, Losi, Traxxas, Vaterra, Axial, Associated, Tekno ect all have more than 1 size spur, heck even the aftermarket companies make more than 1 size spur for other cars. Why is it that Arrmas have to be so limited to gearing? Yeah I know the 6s line has 2 spurs now but
JiIe4GG.jpg

We really need more spur gear options all across the board. I mean if Hot Racing can make like 5 different sized spur gears for a Traxxas Slash there is absolutely no reason they can't do the same thing for Arrma.

I've never understood this, Losi, Traxxas, Vaterra, Axial, Associated, Tekno ect all have more than 1 size spur, heck even the aftermarket companies make more than 1 size spur for other cars. Why is it that Arrmas have to be so limited to gearing? Yeah I know the 6s line has 2 spurs now but
View attachment 114397

We really need more spur gear options all across the board. I mean if Hot Racing can make like 5 different sized spur gears for a Traxxas Slash there is absolutely no reason they can't do the same thing for Arrma.
I have been looking into this more and spent all night researching. There is nothing!
computer rage GIF

Wanna go faster with 2050kv.mod1 is the way.jondilly nows how.an has done it.i now you use a roh spur gear with I think 8mm center an adapt it to slipper setup.

Screenshot_20200811-195557_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200811-195604_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200811-195604_Chrome.jpg

Hereyago

Last edited:
That thread doesn't specify. I searched and couldn't find the exact one.?‍♂️
Unfortunately it was the only record I have as I don’t memorize what I do. I usually find a solution in the moment and share what I did and move along.

Back