Typhon Pinion advise stock 14T to 16T on V4 Typhon 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbenjamin1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hello All,

New to the forums and new to the hobby!

I acquired the V4 Typhon 6S rated to go 70MPH with the 20T pinion recently.

Now on 4S I find it slow (due to the 2050 motor on 4S) and on 6S its a different animal!

My question is I am looking to have it run on 4S sometimes.

If I change the pinion to 16T is that safe for all buggy action, 4S or 6S, or just for flat speed runs?

Will I notice an increase in acceleration at all going from 14T to 16T?

Welcome to opinions and thoughts.

Ben

I'm sure it'll be fine on the 16T pinion.
You will not notice an increase in acceleration as the 16T will give you more top end than the 14T pinion so if anything the acceleration will slow down slightly. Tbh I'd bet it's not all that noticeable.

All you really need to be aware of is increased motor heat and ESC heat when changing any of the gearing especially when running it for prolonged periods or under sustained load.
It's a doddle to change the pinion gears though so I'd just swap them over and see how you get on with it. Easy to swap back if you don't like it. (y)

I have gone through most pinions on my typhon. You wont get more acceleration going to a 16t just a bit more top end speed. 16t is fine don't even need a motor fan even when it was summer here. Im running 19t atm offroad at large fields with motor fan 6s and everything is fine still but its how you drive to im not on and off the throttle every second either with the 19t. Have changed diffs oils also. I normally just change pinions depending on the size of the area and how im gonna drive. Its also cool weather here to atm. But 16t is fine to use anywhere. If its really hot weather outside just check temps now and then. Im always taking my temp gun with me to check but still.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back