Pinion and diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eowyman

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
What is the biggest pinion I can put in my typhon 6s running a 6s lipo without changing the center diff to get the Max speed capable

@Mr.Duke Might be able to help you on that he's the pinon guru on here. Have you tried the search function to see if anyone else has a similar thread about your topic? T6s are common speed run rigs and are a cheaper option to the limitless or infraction so many do it. You will probably find a good thread on here.

Typhon 6s uses a 46 spur. I believe 23t pinion is the max with the stock Motor mount so that heat is not an issue. Don't quote me, because even though Arrma does show a 23T pinion as the largest option Typhon pinion gear, from what I see here on my V1 Infraction (same 46 spur) the 27T pinion fits (included speed gear) And looks maxxed out. Maybe a 28 will shoe horn in there. IDK. I have a 28 here to try. Just never have yet.
The Typhon may run super hot with stock wheels and a 27t pinion. With a set Hoons (42/100's) it may be fine. And super fast. :cool:
On paper with Hoons looks like 80+MPH.

Hopefully others may have more better info.

I threw a 34T in the Kraton last night. SRC Sweeps should be here by the end of the week.
Gonna see what numbers this BLX 185 combo can pull.

419B5319-7777-4574-90AF-CC23DF0E211E.png

Typhon 6s uses a 46 spur. I believe 23t pinion is the max with the stock Motor mount so that heat is not an issue. Don't quote me, because even though Arrma does show a 23T pinion as the largest option Typhon pinion gear, from what I see here on my V1 Infraction (same 46 spur) the 27T pinion fits (included speed gear) And looks maxxed out. Maybe a 28 will shoe horn in there. IDK. I have a 28 here to try. Just never have yet.
The Typhon may run super hot with stock wheels and a 27t pinion. With a set Hoons (42/100's) it may be fine. And super fast. :cool:
On paper with Hoons looks like 80+MPH.

Hopefully others may have more better info.
Thanx

Back