Typhon Pinion and Lipo Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vtec

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hy
i want a fast Typhon
but i only go bashing Offroad, high-wide Jumps, Skate park ....
in the Moment i drive 16/50 with 4s but it is not rly fast.

is it better for bashing to go 14/50 with 6s or maybe 18-20/50 with 4s

thx guys

6s all the way...if you try other pinions/spur do it step by step and really watch the temps...
At first try 6s and see how it goes...you will notice a big difference

I tried the optional pinion (16t or 17t) yesterday for the first time on 4s and 5s.

Conditions were very dusty, loose dirt and gravel. I was running Duratrax Lockup tires.

4s was still slow compared to my Vorza with 2650kv motor and 18t pinion on 4s.

5s was pretty comparable to the 4s Vorza.

tried 6s on the weekend with a 17t pinion, same conditions as above, plus it was very hot outside.

Car was a rocket and the temps were manageable. I was careful to check the temps regularly.

My tires look pretty rough as a result.

I need to install my CC fans to drop them a bit.

4s is a waste of time on the stock Typhon IMO. Maybe for the track only.

I ran 4s / 14T stock on my local track for the first time this week, and I ended up breaking the end plastic part on one of the rear shock because I kept landing on the wrong side (side/back, etc. never level.. ). 4s/14T is definitely too fast for a newbie on a 1/8 track :p

I got 6s battery but hasn't tried it since I am still waiting for the replacement part to arrive.. :(

I wonder if it is OK for the ESC if I run just one 3s pack? The manual says the BLX185 supports 3s to 6s... it could be a good alternative to 13T..

I wonder if it is OK for the ESC if I run just one 3s pack? The manual says the BLX185 supports 3s to 6s... it could be a good alternative to 13T..
Im not sure about the v1 typhon but on the v2 it'll run on 3s just fine but is still recommended to run at least a 35c 5000mah. Obviously it'll be much slower. Maybe 30mph?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back